How Fast has a 40 Roadrunner Gone ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

Guys,

I wanted to start a new thread on my 40 Roadrunner. I'm thinking of putting a 101 in it ! Just for SAW. Has anyone done it before ? what were the Results ? It seems like a stable boat and I have a nice big smooth lake to run on. My goal is to run over 100 mph. Yes, I realize what can happen to the boat in a crash at that speed. Any comments are welcome. Phil

Phil,

I have done that with an 45 Eagle SG and it was very fast.

Your fun will be controlling the lift of a 2170 and using it on a 3/16th shaft.

The angle of attack will need to be increased to compensate for the huge

transom lift of a 2170 propeller. It will be a handful to drive until you get used

to the power transition. Just be safe!

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

100mph is harder than it looks......Which 45 RR is it? Ive had a few of em and have a hard time seeing any going 100 regardless of power. Theres just too much lift.....But I say heck, go for it!

Like mentioned earlier, prop walk is going to be your biggest problem. With the 45 boat the ass end will want to go left with a big prop on it. Keeping the boat on line until that prop ramps up on RPMs is going to be tough. Good luck.

Mike

Personally done @ 89/90mph with a RR 40 UL and heavily modified Picco p-45 running the rare Octura 2352

Never raced it set up like this but was running at the test pond one day screwing around and had the radar gun with us.

Slow to get going, but once staged on the pipe ... just wow !!

David Hall shoehorned a a big engine inot his 45 JAE ended up having to change out the stuffing tube so he would quit breaking drive shafts, he went from 3/16 to 1/4 inch shafts.

I used a 45 Crapshooter with a 67 Picco and V967 and went 99.6. Stu and I were both getting ready for the Sarasota Internats and we tested and both were in the 99 range. We used to do that with the Crapshooters of the early 80's and raced them with a 65 engine in a 40 boat (called a Sprint 65). The SAW record was held by a guy from Norway with a 40 Crapshooter with a 65 in it.

This will work fine with the correct turn fin and rudder and a V967 pitched up a little.

Guys,

I wanted to start a new thread on my 40 Roadrunner. I'm thinking of putting a 101 in it ! Just for SAW. Has anyone done it before ? what were the Results ? It seems like a stable boat and I have a nice big smooth lake to run on. My goal is to run over 100 mph. Yes, I realize what can happen to the boat in a crash at that speed. Any comments are welcome. Phil

Dang Phil, I guess I will have to put some high test in the old trimmer motor if I want to stay up with you .............

I guarantee you this will keep you at the lake for awhile!!

Guys,

Dang Phil, I guess I will have to put some high test in the old trimmer motor if I want to stay up with you .............

I guarantee you this will keep you at the lake for awhile!!
Mike,

" Trimmer Motor " Now that's a good one. Those are some Super Secret Redline Motors from Mike Jr to push your Big Gas Rigger to almost 100mph !

David Hall shoehorned a a big engine inot his 45 JAE ended up having to change out the stuffing tube so he would quit breaking drive shafts, he went from 3/16 to 1/4 inch shafts.

Here is a pic of David Halls boat running last weekend at Huntsville.

010.JPG

I think we are going to have some quality building time coming up Phil, snow Monday and lows in the 20's highs in the low 40's all week.....

Latest posts

Back