Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokieboater

It's with great sadness and shock..... Justin Hill passed away last night. Greg and Sue are trying to cope with this tragic event. They are at lose for words and expression at this time.

Justin was a great racer but even better friend. Those of you that new knew him will understand when I say that I will miss his infectious laugh, smile and competitiveness. He was the only guy I new that could dump a race and laugh out loud about it. He made every race I attended with him MORE FUN. Between him and Jim Osborne I could never stop laughing between heats. I have many great racing stories but even better after after race stories with Justin.

You will be deeply missed my friend.

I will give additional details as I get them via pm's only.

Robert Holland

I can not Believe this has happened i got a call this morning to tell me about Justin Hill first of all i want to pass my Condolences on to Greg & Sue and the rest of the family.
I was only having drinks with Justin & all of his boating friends at the nationals in LA.
His life has ended far to short i have tears just writing this as i am still in shock i am thinking of all the good times we had as Team Wideboy when we were in the USA.
I know he will be sadly missed espically from Bill Annabel {Wild Bill } and all of the Winks family.
So long mate.
Steve Winks

One of the most fun people you could spend time with, both at the race and after. He will be missed.

Twin rigger heats will never be the same.

I just got a call about this and I just could not believe it. Completely shocked me, to say the least. I was fortunate enough to meet and race with Justin and Greg when they were in Sydney. Justin was a great driver, and more importantly, a great person.

My deepest sympathies with Sue and Greg in this tough time.

Justin was the best driver I've seen. He painted beautiful boats. I raced with him in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Kansas, Louisiana and Australia. We had great times at the Southern Gentlemen's Hydro Invitational and evenings in New Orleans. Model boat racing cannot be the same without him there laughing, helping someone get ready for the next heat, explaining something to a new boater, or just sitting next to you enjoying the day.

Justin helped to make model boating one of the best sports and activities for many people.

My friend since he was 12 years old is gone. I am unable to express the feeling of loss.

Al Hobbs

A bummer to hear this news, Justin was a great racer and die hard competitor, but always a gentlemen before and after a race. I'm very saddened to hear this, he will be missed greatly.

Tyler

Got the new,s on the way to the shop this morning --- had to pull off the road for a while -- a shocker for sure

Greg and Sue and all of the AZ family we will miss him no dought

Henry

Greg & Sue, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. Justin's smile and laffing face will be missed.

He was a wonderful son, friend and racer.

Don

Man I've heard too much of this lately. Seems like yesterday he was standing next to me on the driver's stand at the Nats. I'm floored....my condolences.....

What a shocker!! Over the past 45 years I have been fortunate to see some very skilled model boat racers and Justin was definitely one of the best. My sincere condolences to Sue and Greg.

JD

Wow, what tragic news. Justin sure knew how to brighten the day with his laugh and ability to have fun, he built the fastest paddle boat I ever did see. My next nationals just won't be the same without Justin there.

:huh: Can't Believe this happen. Greg& Sue I am sorry to hear this sad news . I remembered that Justin made laugh at my sign body language at Namba Nats and he was good guy

**** it. This is sucks. Over the years of racing with Justin, I have know him to help out any boater that was struggling. With the laugh of his you could not stay down for long. He was a **** good driver and was always one of the ones I looked forward to racing. Had many good races in the twin class with him. You will be sorely missed buddy.

Sorry for your loss Greg and Sue

Mike

I can't believe this could happen. Justin was way too young. Not only was he one of the great racers, he also was generous in his help for those of us who weren't as talented. My sympathy to Greg and Sue.

Lohring Miller

This totally SUCKS to just got informed of this :( :( ...THis guy had to be one of the COOLEST people I have ever met at a model boat race, and he was one of the last remaining NITRO-Head's since it started dying off B)

I met Justin at the 04 nats, and had a friggin blast. Very sorry to read this, condolences to the family. RIP man!

I just got home from a trip and found out about this sad news. I can't imagine racing at a nats without Justin being there. We were just laughing together a few months ago, how the hell can he be gone at such a young age?

We will miss you, friend.

Our family sends our sympathies and prayers to Greg and Sue.

I just heard this had happened this past Saturday from Robert & David Holland at our

club race here in Colorado......I am Stunned...I believe Justin was a mere 38 years old or so

and that is just way way way to young to leave this earth......

I saw him last at this years Arizona FE warm up race in Scottsdale, though he was not running

he was still there supporting the R/C Boating Hobby.

Talk about a First Class buider and Racer of twin engine Riggers...He could make them Fly.

I will miss his stories after racing when it was time to party...always laughing and there to make everyone else laugh.

RIP Justin

Back