3 x 0.5mm Brass Screw or Threaded Rod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetpack

Does anyone have a half-inch length of this around before I have to go buy from mcmaster-carr and dent my wallet and be left with 99 screws or three feet left of threaded rod that will never be used? Ace has the size but not in brass.

I believe the brass screws I have been able to find are electrical screws commonly used in the U.K.?

Another close call on finding a threaded section cheap was a thumbscrew supplier, but the ad said "May not be fully threaded"..so I might have to contact them to find out. It would be only $5.00 instead of $20 at least for rod.

I cannot find a 3mm brass screw online to save my life and I really rather not try it with steel or stainless and hoping someone else has been down this road before or has lots of odd stock around they can help with. I simply cannot justify buying a 5lb. bag from INDIA but thats all that seems available on google.

And I know what your going to ask and no they aren't made anymore so replacement parts are out... :rolleyes:

002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Get rid of the cheezy needle valve and tap the end for an 8- 32 or 10 - 32 fiting and use a remote needle valve of any kind . Last time i looked there was no National Archives for old RC Needle valves . Lifes too short !! :lol: :lol:

I'll take a dive in my collection tomorrow , and let you know if I find any brass M3x0,5x15mm .. OK ?

Jet,

I think I have that in stock,

I will look in the morning.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

HendricX did good with the screws he sent me. I was able to drill out what I needed all in the mill. Our tailstock is too heavy for light drilling on the lathe, otherwise I would have drilled and tapped a block in the lathe to hold the screw on center to drill instead of trying to pick up center on the mill, and also deal with squareness issues but I did it. Peck drilling is much easier in the mill though, that was one good thing about using the quill on it.

The .12 is going on an unstarted Dumas Windy kit I've picked up.

DSCF2023 (2).JPG

DSCF2019.JPG

032.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back