2002 Miss Budweiser "Gas Scale Hydro"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

Thought you guys would like to see some photos of my new Gas Scale Hydro- We will be running her this weekend at the Roger Newton Memorial race in Ellensburg WA - I will upload a You Tube Video early next week that will show on the water action along with how the active canard with third channel trim works . We expect this hull to be comparable in speed to the majority of the 1/8 Nitro scale hulls that run in the Northwest Scale clubs.

You Tube Video Link

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

Hull from Jeff Snell ( fiberglass )

Paint and detail Bob Hulliger

RCMK R-254 25.99cc with JG HEMI Top end ( NAMBA GX-1 )

Carburetor Mods - Scott Snider

JG Steel Hot Pipe

Strut - Jensen Hardware

Rudder - Lenny Blake

Custom turn fin - Bob Hulliger

GYRO controlled front canard with 3rd channel trim control

Graphics - Mike Gossler

Bud in water.jpg

Bud Turbin Tube .jpg

Bud No Cowling.jpg

Bud Motor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great Marty! Looks like you have to eat your Wheaties to launch and retrieve it though! What is the overall weight of the boat? Harvey Liberman is building a Gas T-6 that I lasercut for him and I am amazed at the size when we compared it to my 1/8 scale T-6 hull. He has one of Jeff's cowlings for it and I can't even fit my hand over the top of it. It must be impressive to see four or more of these sized boats running together! I hope the class takes off nationally not just up in the Northwest! Kudos to you for pioneering the class as it looks like a lot of fun!!!!

Cheers

Hi Kevin- The hull is right around 19 lbs without fuel - As far as launching it's actually easier than a lot of the 1/8 scale hulls that we launch as you don't have to toss the gas hulls so hard..

Marty

That looks great Marty! Looks like you have to eat your Wheaties to launch and retrieve it though! What is the overall weight of the boat? Harvey Liberman is building a Gas T-6 that I lasercut for him and I am amazed at the size when we compared it to my 1/8 scale T-6 hull. He has one of Jeff's cowlings for it and I can't even fit my hand over the top of it. It must be impressive to see four or more of these sized boats running together! I hope the class takes off nationally not just up in the Northwest! Kudos to you for pioneering the class as it looks like a lot of fun!!!!

Cheers

Hey Rob how are you doing - My crew chief and master boat builder Bob Hulliger out did himself with this hull. The front canard servo controlled mechanical system is a technical work of art. Now we will have to see if it really helps fly the boat.. So are you coming down for the NW Scale Championship race in October this year.. The long range weather forecast is 80 and sunny... :)

MartyBud and Marty.jpg

Very nice Marty....looks like best of show to me!

marty boat looks great.tell all involved congradulations.i have many questions and requests.i am on cell phone.will contact you and jeff from computer when back in knoxville

harvey

Marty, was that video shot in Monroe? Was trying to ID the location but the camera operator left very little to go on.........................

If you really want to get people talking, you need to run the Bud with Bob's Elam to show how it looks with two of the boats on the water at the same time ;)

Hey HJ- Haven't seen you at any races this year- Thought you were going to finally get a boat on the water this season. Yea the video was a little rough but it was hard to operate the camera and drive the boat at the same time.. he he :unsure: We will have a large turnout of the Gas Scale Class at the RCU race

in Tri-Citys along with the full scale boats so come down and watch the show..

Marty

Marty, was that video shot in Monroe? Was trying to ID the location but the camera operator left very little to go on.........................

If you really want to get people talking, you need to run the Bud with Bob's Elam to show how it looks with two of the boats on the water at the same time ;)

Tell me about it. Between school and limited finances, I'm going through withdrawl :eek: Hate to say it, but I'm going to miss Tri-Cities again this year, again due to school and finances. Have had to cut way back on spending due to a road trip to Cobo Center in Detroit and Madison Indiana for the Regatta. I'll make a race or two this year so don't count me out yet. I will make it to Seafair, so I may see you there if you go. As far as the boats go, I still have some work to do on the scale boat but have had my hands full with this one that's going east with me :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. Between school and limited finances, I'm going through withdrawl :eek: Hate to say it, but I'm going to miss Tri-Cities again this year, again due to school and finances. Have had to cut way back on spending due to a road trip to Cobo Center in Detroit and Madison Indiana for the Regatta. I'll make a race or two this year so don't count me out yet. I will make it to Seafair, so I may see you there if you go. As far as the boats go, I still have some work to do on the scale boat but have had my hands full with this one that's going east with me :rolleyes:
Marty Loved the vid,any word on other hulls? Mike

This video was shot at Lake Tye Park in Monroe, Washington on a day when the weather/waves was playing hell with the 1/8th scale boats as it was less about racing and more about just surviving. The bigger and heavier boat didn't have the issue nearly as much.

Latest posts

Back