2.4 Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

I recall hearing the FS(dual Ant.) receivers were better than the FF(single Ant.). The 3PMX radio came with the 603FF but I have a extra 604FS- any problem substituting the 604 for the 603- or should I bother?

Thanks,

Glenn

SINCE YOU GOT YOUR NEW EYE SURGERY DONE MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ THE MANUAL THAT COMES WITH THE RADIO! CAN YOU READ THIS? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK A 1ST GRADER NOWDAYS, THEY CAN RUN ANYTHING ELECTRONIC, UNLIKE US OLD FARTS...... OH.. I MEANT YOU! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony, Put down that can of gas and BACK AWAY from it- You've had enough!!!!!!!!!

R604FS is 4 channel receiver for the 4PK & 4PKS.

Not sure if it will work with a 3 channel transmitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
R604FS is 4 channel receiver for the 4PK & 4PKS.

Not sure if it will work with a 3 channel transmitter.
Bingo! The 3PMX came with the 603FF The 604FS comes with the 4PK. The one I bought included 2 receivers. The 3PMX seems to work fine in the PP mode with non digital servos and the 603FF- but if the dual antenna 604FS is a better receiver I'd rather use it- just can't seem to find any info. on compatability.

You could try and bind the 604 to the transmitter(like you would do with a 603) and see if they will communicate.

If they do then go for a long(walk) range test.

Otherwise you will have to get a 603 ands sell the 604.

If you do a search you will find that many use the 603FF with great results. The 603FS and 604FS are in theory better because of the second antenna.... If you are concerned run the FF with the antenna out of the radio box. I'm pretty sure the 604FS will not work with your 3 channel radio, but you surely could give it a try.

If you do a search you will find that many use the 603FF with great results. The 603FS and 604FS are in theory better because of the second antenna.... If you are concerned run the FF with the antenna out of the radio box. I'm pretty sure the 604FS will not work with your 3 channel radio, but you surely could give it a try.
Craig, Think I'll do just as you suggested. Don't want to fix anything thats not broken or damage a $100.00 receiver.

Thanks,

Glenn

From what I remember hearing here, I believe you can use the 3 chanel reciever with the 4 chanel transmiter but not the other way around.... I have the 3 channel single ant. and have dang near crossed a large lake not a boat pond and never seen a glitch....

Yes the 603's and 604 will work with the 4PK and 4PKS but only the 603FF and FS will work with the fasst 3 channel radios.

The R604FS and the 614FF (4 channel) will not work with any of the Futaba 3 channel FASST radios.

they will work with the 4PK and 4PKS in C2 mode only.

the 603FF and 603FS will work on all Futaba 3 channel FASST radio and they will work on the 4PK and 4PKS in C1 mode.

Dan.

Back