Prather 3.5 Outboard Hydro- Spitfire

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin_R_Clark

I have had this boat for a couple of years and have not had a chance to run it, motor problems. Well now have the motor straightened out, I hope, and am wondering about these hulls. Here`s why, one of our club members has the 7.5 version and although it is fast if you even think about going left it lifts the sponson. Seems to me I remember reading somewhere that this is common for these boats. So I would like to hear some opinions, are these hulls still competitive, what hulls do you all like, if they are still competitive can the sponson lifting thing be adjusted out? Thanx, Kevin

Kevin,

i had a 3.5 OB rigger for a while.....does yours have a turn fin? if so, where is it located? the left turn should be possible, not saying it should turn well to the left but it shouldnt flip if your just adjusting to make a good straight away.

Joe

Just as full of sh$t as you are :D :D :D

Must be my GPS is better than yours, 40 MPH faster it says.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin

I have one and its a blast to race.

mine is about 8 years old. There is not much racing around for this type of hull but the CWMBC (the club that im in) racers them a few times a year.

I have a blast with mine and the others in our club do to.

the left turn thing is more of a left scoot thing. the boat does not like to turn left. However this is not all that uncommom with this type of hull and it makes racing them that much more fun.

ROCK ON and stick with it.. there a lot of fun.

grimracer

woops, deleted, I misread your question d00d! ditto grims post

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

I actually have a brand new spitfire II sitting on a shelf and I can't decide whether to put it together or not - is it worth it for fun?

Mine came without a manual - does anybody have one?

:unsure:

I have a Sundowner. It is a wood O.B. hydro that predates the Prather boat. My boat is probably fifteen years old and I have owned it for about ten. With a little left turn it actually speeds up. I over drive the turn a little and feed just a little left in. It unweights the left sponson reducing drag and takes off like a scalded dog. I only get to run it when I go to the Nats, but it is a blast. At the NAMBA Nats O.B. hydro is quite popular.

Mark

Mark,

I see on the distict schedule there is a time scheduled for the class. I know last year when you guys came to Spokane there was at least one boat. Might by a good class for a newbie like me to do some district racing?

GTR said:
Hi guys
I actually have a brand new spitfire II sitting on a shelf and I can't decide whether to put it together or not - is it worth it for fun?

Mine came without a manual - does anybody have one?

:unsure:
Gary,

I've got a Spitfire II, I can make you a copy of the manual.

That hull has a tendencey to roll over in the turns. If you use a curved turn fin and add 1 1/2 oz of lead inside the right sposon it will minimize this tendency.

Riggers are not meant to turn left as everyone that runs them knows. Minimize your end travel on the servo to stop your from turning too much and flipping the boat. It's a fun toy, for me. I have a flame paint job on it,it looks kool. Although NAMBA guys run that class. I think IMPBA has the clas also, but not very popular.

Let me know if you want a copy of the manual? [email protected] ;)

Bill

Latest posts

Back