JAE Mini Sprint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Smock

The testing is over.

We met our goal and this is what we have landed on for under 200 bucks READY TO RUN.

Rod has all the component information and will post it in this thread along with a time frame for the plans for this boat.

This run is with a $12.00 4400kv outrunner, 2s 2200 25c pack, with a X431 prop.

Phil Pace with Vac-U-Boat is working on cowls for it.

Man this was a fun project!!!!

Thank you Mr.Geraghty

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a lot of fun for 200 bucks!!!

I want to thank Doug for all the testing...
thumbup1.gif
..As you can see the boat is rock solid and exhibits absolutely no bad behavior.....

The "mini-sprint" went into the water under our $200.00 target price,radio and all.I used the Zippkits .12 rudder,turnfin and radio box seals.I will put together a bill of materials showing all the equipment we used in the boat.

I plan to post the PDF plans on line in a couple of weeks.....when this happens I will post a link to the JAE "mini-sprint"plans on this forum...... As with all JAE plans,they will be free and all you will have to do is download the plans to a CD and take them to a KINKOS and have them printed.The plans will include full size templates for building the boat.Here is the bill of materials we used on the prototype JAE Mini-Sprint FE.

Remember....there was no water cooling installed in the prototype........

ZIPPKITS WILL BE WORKING FULL BLAST ON THIS KIT AS SOON AS WE CAN COMPLETE THE PLANS........

JAE MINI-SPRINT BILL OF MATERIALS USED IN THE PROTOTYPE

ESC – Hobby King 80Amp ESC/wBEC..$40.00

Motor - Hobby King TR22234-4400……$12.00

Battery – Turnigy 2200-2s-25C…………$10.00

Servo – HobbyKing CS929MG…………..$4.50

Radio – HobbyKing 2-channel wheel…….$17.00*

Turnfin – Zippkits……………………...…$12.00

Rudder – Zippkits ………………………..$ 16.00

Radio box seal – Zippkits…………………$5.00

Boom tubes – 3/16" carbon fiber

Poltruded tube-Goodwinds ……………….$5.50

Prop-X431 Octura plastic…………………$1.50

Flexshaft – Hughey 1/8" X 1/8"…………$10.00

Flexhex – Octura 1/8" X 1/8" ……………$10.00

Misc building materials...............................$20.00

For a grand total of $163.50

• The radio we used was the Hobby King GT2-2

• 2.4GHZ -2 channel wheel radio.Do not be fooled by the

• $17.00 price tag….this is one very good little radio.

• It is rock solid and works great…..

progress.gif

Nice Work Doug-E Fresh! I remember talking to you about this boat a few weeks back. VERY COOL! Mike

There you go Mike. Your boy would love to run that rigger! :D

Naw im going to get them into off-road, not that its any cheaper lol they just show a ton more interest in it than they ever did with boats.

I just finished a few of the mini sprints for customers and they the coolest little boats.

They are solid and very well manufactured and you get every thing down to the prop.

Put in your electronics and it's time to rock and roll.

Joe at Zippkits and Rod Geraghty,David Hall,Ron Zaker, and Matin Truex got another one dead on

Thanks to Doug Smock for the testing

Do you think it would make any difference if i modded to take either a brass floating bush or ball races for the stub shaft to run in or would it not make any difference to performance. Thanks Martin.

Back