Carb relocater intake

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHM Racing

WE have a new intake that mite help some of you guy's that run gas motors you can see/more info at www.phmracing.com

That looks pretty trick, Mike. How about a view from the top?

Any problems from vibration with the carb way out there?

Erin we haven't had any problem's with vibration

You can rotate the intake 180 degree's from the front to the back of the motor

Mike

Why don't you attach the exhaust system on there and show some pictures with the whole thing together. :eek:

come again? great velocity? seems like it would have alot less velocity since it has to travel down a big ol tube to get into the cylinder.

Joe...it's called 'vane straightening'.

Get a mouthful of water and blow it through a piece of straw 'bout a half inch long.

Now do the same thing with a piece of straw about 3 inches long.

I would be interested in what happens to your top end revs?

In cars long runners produce more torque but less top end and short runners have less low end but greater topend.

The longer intake runner moves your power band up so you will make more top end power it also will give you more top end RPM for price and more info go to www.phmracing.com

Mike B)

phmracing,

has it been tested in a boat? :huh:

im wondering how someone managed to get air to the carb when the relocator would put it in or close to the nose area of most cats/monos set up for heat racing. :unsure:

Get a mouthful of water and blow it through a piece of straw 'bout a half inch long.Now do the same thing with a piece of straw about 3 inches long.
You got me on that one. Blow through a 3 mile long straw. It won't happen.

Pipe friction.

Now add in the bends.

But I would agree that it is negligible.

I'd think could be good for performance - at least worth testing. The large diameter of that tube (really a Hanson exhaust header?) would keep friction losses to a minimun. The carb's venturi is 1/2" and the inside of a Hanson header is 3/4". The volume of the tube should allow some ram effect by allowing the air charge to compress in the tube when the port closes in front of the column of moving air, and still be moving at the carb end of the tube. The pressure would still be waiting there when the port opens again. That's how a ram manifold works. The question is how long is too long? Maybe an engineer could answer that one. Another problem that can occur is when fuel puddles inside the tube due to the air velocity being too low. That would make the carb hard to set and the engine go rich-lean-rich. Usually going lean just when you need it most, for acceleration. Puddling isn't a factor in the log-and-tube manifolds on cars since the fuel is injected downstream from the manifold.

It would also be good for a gas rigger, getting the intake under the cowl and out of the spray.

So tell us, how does it run? Looks neat.

ha w/ that hanson header/ carb setup you just brought new meaning to the term throttle exhaust , j/k but i think that it would work the way you have it set up... its just like a riser on your carb on your truckmore top end and smoother throttle response go test it out i wanna know how it goes

Back