Peace out!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I plan on making this available once the final instruction CD is finished, It will be the full wood kit and be offered to the members at 150.00 plus shipping with instruction CD.

Skins and all!
Looks awesome,just remember to consider where the radio and fuel tank/s will go while under construction. i built a glass boat and space is at a premium to say the least. Also find a rudder that fits before you get too far along or you may have to custom build a bracket. This boat has the smallest transom ive ever seen... View attachment 23838

...I plan on making this available once the final instruction CD is finished, It will be the full wood kit and be offered to the members at 150.00 plus shipping with instruction CD.

Skins and all!
Looks awesome,just remember to consider where the radio and fuel tank/s will go while under construction. i built a glass boat and space is at a premium to say the least. Also find a rudder that fits before you get too far along or you may have to custom build a bracket. This boat has the smallest transom ive ever seen... t-4  1.jpg

You have to love the look of the T4. As Mike said, ROOM and placement are the Key to start and finish the build. I just finished a DPS-T4 this fall and have found it to be one of the best scales boats I have owned. I have built 8 DPS composite hulls over the years and there have been many changes from #1 to #8. With #9 being different from the rest as well. Good luck with year build Doug Shepherd Madison,In

Last edited:
Like the use of dowels to index the sponsons and wings to the tub..I also do that on my builds.Makes it user frendly..

There is nothing wrong with thinking you put in too much thought. It's when you don't think about what can go wrong that everything does. I would still use an elevated building surface the same width as the boat's tunnel. That way, no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to build a twisted boat :)

Hey Bob,

I have enjoyed your thread of your build and changes to the Newton plan "Miss Bud T-4". Nice to see that you are incorporating some structural changes to improve the hull. I saw Roger's T-4 run at the San Diego Muncey race in the early 90's. Bill Fritz was there that year also with the epoxy glass parts he had fabricated for Roger. Are you making any changes to the ride surfaces, i.e. Sponson angle, wing angles, sponson ride plate areas, or are you staying with dimensions of the original plan? I shall continue to follow your build with interest. Nice work, Bob. CHEERS !!! Bob

What CAD program do you use? I curently use two different CAD systems and was thinking about making a mold for my Miller/Circus Circus cowling. I have access to a FDM machine (makes prototype models) here at work. It's very time consuming to manually type in the x,y,z coordinance from the blue prints. Trying to think of a better way.

I understand completely...sorry for straying off. The boat looks great. I can appreciate the time that went into generating the CAD model.

Latest posts

Back