Chris Wood

speedmaster hardware

Just wanted to say, Speedmaster makes great hardware, always has and always will, and is one of many good hardware manufacutures out there.

I have read the entire set of comments in this thread, and It just seems very sad to think that , what is only a hobby "effectively toy model boats" can become so serious and so negative.

Very dissapointing to see here on Intl Waters - its a shame this forum thread hasn't been removed from the site.

Maybe start a thread about Seebold Hardware by itself ?

POINT TAKEN.

I've been way under the weather for the last 2 weeks. it's like I said a bad word on here and God has punished me for it.

I have had a really bad cold, that turned into a sinus infection, and if I'm not careful, it will turn into pneumonia.

Please give me a couple of weeks more, and I will start posting some pictures of some of my stuff for everyone to see

OK guys, I did something today I might be regretting in the not too distant future, but what's done is done.

I made a decision in about mid October that I wasn't going to take any more work that wasn't R/C boat related.

Well, I made a choice this evening to to return 2 jobs to the customer. It was hard to do because the total was worth about $4,500.00.

It was good money, but I just don't want to work that hard any more.

Now, I am going to concentrate on resurecting my line of R/C boat hardware. I know I made a pretty harsh statement a few days ago, and now it's time for me to put up or shut up. So, I'm going to put up. I can't make as much product as Speedmaster or as inexpensively because I only have one CNC machine, so I'm just going to have to make it better.

I have some GAS hardware to finish that will take me 7 or 8 days, then I'm going to make some nitro hardware. A couple of people have sent have sent me hardware to get some measurements from, and the way I do it is "if you send me hardware to measure, the first set off the machine that "I" approve of is yours for free. I have 2 sets of hardware for 21 sized riggers. That still leaves 21 size mono's. Would anyone care to step up with some 45 or 67 size parts?

I haven't made any parts for nitro boats in the past because since I got back into boating in 2002, I have been running gas boats, and as you know, hardware for gas boats is considerably bigger and heavier than hardware for nitro boats. I know a 67 mono might weigh 8 or 9 pounds. My gas mono weighs 23. I know it will cost a lot more to run a nitro boat for a day. I can run my gas boat ALL DAY for less than $6.00, and I have been known to run the same spark plug for a whole season.

It won't do me any good to apologize to the guys at Speedmaster because I can't unthrow a rock or unring a bell or unspeak a word. What I can do is apologize for making a complete ass out of myself here in front of everyone.

First item off the machine. Outdrive for gas monos.

This is a Generation II outdrive. I changed the base from one piece to 2 pieces, because I am considering powder coating as an option, and with the one piece base, there was no room for the powder coating.

The slots in the base allow for 1/4 inch up or down adjustment or 1/8 inch either way.

I will warrantee everything EXCEPT the lead teflon bushings against defective workmanship and material for 2 full seasons from date of purchase.

All screws including mounting hardware (not shown for clarity) is stainless steel. All screws are 8-32.

Price is $85.00 plus $6.10 for USPS Priority Mail.

Payment via cash, check (allow 7 business days for check to clear) postal money order or paypal (add 3% for paypal).

I have 15 units on the shelf right now.

post-2392-0-18311600-1359391944_thumb.jpg

post-2392-0-93969300-1359391957_thumb.jpg

post-2392-0-77540200-1359391972_thumb.jpg

SPEEDMASTER HARDWARE ROSSI SALES OF FLORIDA Contact: HARRY WEATHERBEE or ROSS PH: 407-889-2283. for all your hardware needs. Shipped Quickly & Competive Prices

SPEEDMASTER HARDWARE ROSSI SALES OF FLORIDA Contact: HARRY WEATHERBEE or ROSS PH: 407-889-2283. for all your hardware needs. Shipped Quickly & Competive Prices

B)

Maybe start a thread about Seebold Hardware by itself ?

B)

:)