speedmaster hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speedmaster Hardware (Ross & Harry) and Acccutech Hardware (James trout) is the 2 leading suppliers for Hardware in R/C MARINE. If you buy a Seaducer MONO or CAT? Seaducer Hardware fits their boats the best. If it is too bulky for you? It can always be custom trimmed or blended after you receive it. Speedmaster Hardware product line is as Large as it has ever been.... Covering many different boat types.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all of my boats have speedmaster hardware (partial or full) with the exception of my Seaducer. Good quality hardware IMO and great service. The only complaint I have ever heard is that some us wish they offered the rudder blades with the water pickup on the right side of the blade ISO the left.

Scott I have a 60 size with the pick-up on the right and I had problems getting water, I changed blades and fixed the problem. It also depends which side of the boat the rudder is on. Tim

OK, junk is a harsh word. I make hardware too. I just don't make as much as Speedmaster. I make stuff for people who tell me Speedmaster stuff is too flexible for their application. AND my prices are higher than Speedmaster.

I just took a look at the Accutech Hardware site, and it's the same stuff as Speedmaster.

Does no one have originality any more? Or does everyone think the same way? Oh, it works for this guy, so let's just make an exact copy and maybe cut his price a little.

I tell everyone, I refuse to compromise on quality and I will not lower my price. If I am told "oh, I can get it over here for less, I tell them that's the place to go.

I have had people replace Speedmaster with my stuff. Do you know what they do then? They reorder.

My signature line on other bulletin boards is "YOU CAN BUY GOOD PARTS OR YOU CAN BUY CHEAP PARTS, BUT YOU CAN'T BUY GOOD CHEAP PARTS".

I have seen others that say "you can have them good, cheap or fast. Pick two."

I am making some stuff for a gentleman who told me Speedmaster stuff is flexible so I bought a piece to see what he was talking about. NOW I see why he says it's flexible.

I realize their 3 piece rudder assemblies allow for a one size fits all base, but what's wrong with a little modernization.

Yes, they do make hardware for ALL types of boats whether it be electric, gas or nitro. At this point in time, I don't and honestly, I'm not sure I want to.

Brass bushings? Give me a break. How many times during a season or year do you have to replace them?

Tactfulness! GeorgiaScaleBoater, you're absolutely right. I call it like I see it, and I would expect none the less if I made an inferior product. Will Speedmaster make a one off part for you? I will. As I said in an earlier post, a one off will probably cost you a little more, but how many hardware manufacturers will do a one off. Most guys with CNC's want to set their machine up and let it run all week and hire a monkey to push the green button. I don't like making more than about 25 pieces.

I have a couple of jobs on the bench right now that are 60 pieces each and I am really starting to get bored.

RodneyPierce, Speedmaster hardware is the best you have EVER used, because you have never used mine.

Does Speedmaster put a warrantee on their product against defective workmanship or material? I do. My warrantee says "IF MY PRODUCT FAILS, DUE TO DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP OR MATERIAL, I WILL REPLACE IT OR REFUND YOUR MONEY, "YOUR CHOICE". The only thing I don't warrantee is the lead teflon bushings and I won't use brass.

Steve a picture is worth a thousand words....Show me the money? Im looking for a good quality 20 hydro rudder got any?

How about you start a thread in the general forum and show us this God given talent you have and your product line... I was going to adk you about a balancer but after your junk coment I don't think so. Speedmaster is great to work with. Wish I could have said the same to you....

why dont you offer your hardware to some boaters so we can see how good your harware is ????????????????????????

I have a Twin hydro thats in the need of hardware ????????
Let me know what you need and I'll be happy to put my parts where my keyboard is. Do you run collet or square drive? Honestly, I have never done anything for a collet drive. I'm not saying I can't, I just never have. Just to prove my point, tell me what you need and I'll make it and send it to you. If you like it and you install it and run it, you can critique it here on Intlwaters and pay me for it. If you don't like it, tell me what you don't like and I'll either fix it or you just can send it back. I'll even include a shipping label.

My phone number is 714-420-2453 if you want to talk about it.

How about you start a thread in the general forum and show us this God given talent you have and your product line... I was going to adk you about a balancer but after your junk coment I don't think so. Speedmaster is great to work with. Wish I could have said the same to you....
I'm not saying they are not great people to work with, I just think they sell an inferior product.

You have never had the opportunity to work with me, so how do you know you can't say the same for me.

I will post some pictures of some of my stuff after the New Year. I am officially shut down until January 7, 2013.

I'm not saying they are not great people to work with, I just think they sell an inferior product.

You have never had toe opportunity to work with me, so how do you know you you can't say the same for me.
You are right, I never have and never will as well as others that see this little junk deal........ Not a good business plan on your part...

I will post some pictures of some of my stuff after the New Year. I am officially shut down until January 7, 2013.
Feel free to bash everyones products until then.... Cause once we see your stuff we will forget about the others we have gone to for years...

Back