Canandaigua, NY Test Pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

It's my backyard farm pond. It is 600 feet long. The south (left) turnaround is 200 feet wide, the north turnaround is 175 feet wide, and the middle is 150 feet wide. I have a rowboat for retrieving dead boats. I am currently building a 9.5 foot tall driver stand. If all goes well, next year I will have bouys and an infrared oval timing system. Here are some pictures...

pond4.jpg

pond5.jpg

And the 4 posts for the drivers stand...

driverstand1.jpg

Anyone interested in running next year can e-mail or PM me.

Hey Neil,

The bouys are ordered, but still a couple inches of ice on the pond.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Kubota this week, so no timing system this year, but we have your radar gun and a stopwatch so we are good to go... I need to plant some Poplar trees, the wind can get crazy on the pond.

Hi Craig

Almost ready to Rock & Roll. Will paint the 21 boat tomorrow. My 1/8 scale (Hamm's Bear) has been ready for 20 plus years. Will be in touch soon.

Tom

I have a 1/8 scale Dumas Atlas Van Lines. and a bare hull Miller America . Mine hasn't seen water in quiet a few years.

Tom, Looking forward to meeting you.

I figure in 2 weeks I should have enough done to have our first test and tune. :) The main thing is I need to get some stones down in some high traffic areas, otherwise we will be walking in mud. It's going to take a few months before the grass gets better established. I planted grass, but late in the season. The driver stand won't be ready for a month or so probably. I'll be putting the bouys in before the stand too. I'll let you guys know when we can start running boats and I might also plan the first weekend for setup too. :)

2 weeks I better get ready. I'm still messin with RC trucks. I'm not sure when the season ends. A new speed controller got my attention. Tom where you from?

I plan on driving boats ,we got 6 " of snow today. I 'm not afraid of driving my Atlas Van Lines ,this year. I was real rusty driving. My winter truck racing had a transmitter in my hands 2x a week 3 trucks running most of the time. 9 features a day. I'll be out the gate running this year. Going up against 20 year drivers , I can do OK I HOPE

Holy cow, this weather is crazy! :( It's going to be down to 16 degrees Thursday and Friday night, and I don't see a warm up until April 1st. Maybe 3 weeks is more realistic... :rolleyes: Either way, I'll let you know. If the pond freezes again, that would be funny... :huh:

Tom is from Rochester.

Neil,

I am from Rochester NY. Craig's pond is aprox 45 min away. Just painted the 20 JAE today. Still have to break in the motor. Scale is as was 23 years ago. I wonder if it will still run.

Tom

Ya we went backward as far as the weather. I'm moving forward on the AC Boat Lighting Cat. .21 hull. I still need to PAINT. everything else is ready.

I have been working on the .91 Seaducer this weekend. I'm hoping to have that ready for our first test and tune. I'm still having to go up to the woods for firewood, so that's cutting into my building time. I haven't even touched the .21 tunnel, but it should go together smoothly once I have time. No paint for either boat, you have to love colored gel coats. :)

I shot over the heads of some Canadian geese this morning that were sleeping on the island. I don't want them to get the idea that they can stay and make a nest.... :)

weather's been crazy down here in n. va. also. 76* last week, snow yesterday :eek: !! maybe again on wednesday. got primer on the jae .21, still have 2 more to get done for the wtc.....no warmup in the near future here, either. got to get the other 2 ready by the end of the month. unfortunately my garage isn't heated, so i need it to warm up for painting. it's lookin' like test & tune will be open water at the race. hope to make it up your way this summer for some boating or racing. born in rochester, spent a few summers at the lake, be good to see it again. btw, i've had a pair of geese trying to make my pond home, i've been shooting the water ;) .**** things keep coming back :angry: .

Last edited by a moderator:
the parks have put up a wild dog decoy. That works .One goof ball put up a electric wire fence on his beach. The neighborhood kid got electrocuted . It happened

my mastiff would just love destroying a wild dog decoy :lol: :lol: . most of my neighbors have coyotes on their property, not me :rolleyes: . but she also gave up chasing the geese, they would just fly away before she got close, she figured out that it wasn't gonna work pretty quick.

The local golf course uses blow up alligators to keep the geese away. A natural predator. Man, it really works

If anyone wants to run boats Saturday or Sunday we can. The weather forecast is iffy, 55 degrees and 40% showers, but that could change.

I have stones spread out where we can pit. But, with all this rain, driving to the pond might be tricky. If you have 4 wheel drive you might be o.k., otherwise we'll have to carry our gear about 250 feet to the pit area. Bring your boots. You won't be walking in mud, but there are puddles of water on the grass.

The bouys are not out yet, but we could work on that between running boats.

Let me know if you are interested.

We will be running boats this Sunday. Hopefully bouys will be out, but no gaurantees....

If anyone needs to contact me over the weekend, my cell is 585-350-9853.

in july we have a race at brock pond we would love you guy to come down to the race

the date are 9 10 in july

Back