Boris Mazor Gen I Flow Meter Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Strange

Just received my used Gen I Flow Meter which I bought here on IW. Although I am pretty sure on how to use it...I was wondering if anyone had instructions for the Gen I Flow Meter?

One thing that I am curious about is the small plastic block with a screw in it. What is this for? I assume it is to calibrate the meter?

Another thing (which wouldn't be in the instructions) is how far the readings vary from Gen I to Gens II/III. For example, I flowed my Nova Rossi .12 at around 60...and a later model flows around 130 If I am correct.

The motors I plan to use this with so far are: Nova Rossi .12, Nova Rossi .21 5 port, Aquacraft .18, Super Tiger .18, and O.S. 21VZM. I bought this (Gen I) realising it didn't work with big block motors...I did test this on a .67, and yep...it doesn't work. I may include a .45 in my line-up for next year though.

So if anyone has some data on these (or similar) motors with the Gen I Meter...please share. Also, If someone already has some comparative data between the older and newer versions...what I am looking for here is is the Gen I flows a carb at 60, and a Gen III flows that same carb at 130, the difference is 70...So if I flow my AQ .18 at 50, will it flow at 120 in Gen II/III? Will the difference be 70 regardless of what motor?

Thanks, Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
The screw is for calibrating the meter.

just plug the hose nipple on the face of the unit with your finger,

turn it on and carefully adjust it so the meter reads 300.

Do NOT go past 300 if at all possible. it CAN damage the meter itself.

just go slowly on the adjustment screw.

and yes, by the looks of it, your 70 looks like a constant differance

between the 2 meters.

I use the Gen I meter and the adjustment is great for use just before

you head out to the hot pits for your heat.

Carl

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back