favorite charger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to NIMH packs just about anything will do..

The ICE is a good one.. BUT.. you can spend much less and do the same job with something like wall wart.

Grim

my cheapo onyx charger works just fine for me....has a rx recepticle right in the side of it... i also like being able to manually select the charging amperage rate....

nimh cells need nothing fancy,,, so unless you want to,,, do go crazy....

my 2 cents..

alden

Thanks guys. I have been using the ICE for the last 4 years and have been very satisfied since you can preprogram for the packs you use. I do like that Hyperion though since it supports LIFE.

I have two of the ones above sweet http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1003.html is another cheaper alternative as above without as nice of screen, all these #6 based chargers have same main board & program.They were at first well over $100 ,charge all my batts way better than nmhi peak chargers ever did.Will do your gel cell as well. Life is future for rec batt can't say enough about them, . I have a cheap" less than 20 shipped" 2200 lipo made for my trans. I can run easily 20hrs "on time" a charge .It's about 1/2 the weight no self discharge. I'm only running the smallest 400mah mnhi anymore in my .12 & .21 riggers every thing else life . I guess I'm saying make sure you get one that will charge them when your ready.

Last edited:
I use the Great Planes Triton EQ.

Great unit and takes care of ALL my batteries.

Carl

Bob,

Does this help you in your quest to charge NIMH packs?

Hope so. ya got a bunch of info you need to weed through.

Grim

Used to race offroad buggies and trucks and they all used batteries from NiCD, NiMH, Lipo, etc. I have used a bunch of chargers and for the money you can't beat the Duratrax Onyx 230. $80 and it includes power supply built in. Most high end chargers require external power supply. Not sure if it will charge Pb batteries though. Multiplex makes another nice charger for $75 but you need a power supply for that one. Grim suggested Ice which is another good charger as I own the Team Checkpoint version and I really like it but again you need a power supply.

Back