battery placement and cg jae 12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

jae 12,,,,, im gonna run a 6v aaa flat pack...i can slide it from the engine bulkhead to where the stuffing tube goes down through the tub...

what battery placement have u had luck with...

basicaly i need a cg measurement,,but pics of battery locations would be sweet...

alden

Last edited by a moderator:
It was discucssed before that it really did not matter. I guess if the prop is unhooking more could be moved to rear, but many having using Xseries props any way.

I had a 6v aaa hump pack behind the bulkhead and under the stuffing tube.fit just perfect.

good luck.

jae 12,,,,, im gonna run a 6v aaa flat pack...i can slide it from the engine bulkhead to where the stuffing tube goes down through the tub...

basicaly i need a cg measurement,,but pics of battery locations would be sweet...

alden
It makes no difference where you put it in the radio box......

alden
????? You got to be kidding me.. Joe got mine wright at the bulk head on the left side. Rod I'd thought you dont want much weight on the backend/prop? Joe found out I could stick in a 6V square AAA battery pac in the same spot. I'm still got my 4.8 small bettery pac in it. Rod to let you know,Joe got that lightweight JAE.12 3/4 built and it light as heck so far.

alden
????? You got to be kidding me.. Joe got mine wright at the bulk head on the left side. Rod I'd thought you dont want much weight on the backend/prop? Joe found out I could stick in a 6V square AAA battery pac in the same spot. I'm still got my 4.8 small bettery pac in it. Rod to let you know,Joe got that lightweight JAE.12 3/4 built and it light as heck so far.
Just the opposite....there you go thinking like a JAE is a traditional outrigger......In fact JAEs have prop weight designed in.....the ski sets the ride height of the prop,not a critical CG placement in the boat......

Alden, if you look at my other post about your stuffing tube, thats how my radio box is set up. I can fit a 1600 orion stick pack on the left side about 1/4in back from the bulkhead. my boat cg's right at the collet. Its really no big deal about weight and cg and everything, but i measured since you asked. As long as you can fit what you need in the box, you'll be fine.

thanks rob,, i did actually go back and check yours out in the pics... im almost done,, its rigged i just need to go over some other stuff...

your right rob it is neat...very unordinary design...its been fun but is taking more time than i though...i always seem to over think things which just soaks up time...i will post pics today i hope.

Back