ops 45 vs os max

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chapsgixxer

hey guys putting together a sport 40 which engine is better? can get both for the same price, i have never raced only use boats for fun every couple of weekends. i also need motor mount and tuned pipe if anyone has one for sale.

OPS 45, guys on here have more parts for this motor.
cool.gif

hey guys putting together a sport 40 which engine is better? can get both for the same price, i have never raced only use boats for fun every couple of weekends. i also need motor mount and tuned pipe if anyone has one for sale.
If you really want to go fast and have the bank, get the CMB 45. It's a stronger engine.

BB

Go with the OPS. We have ran them in our sport 40 for several years. With some mods it will be just as fast as any other motor out there. We have ours running in the upper 50's to low 60's in heat racing trim and on the radar gun at 64mph. Now if you live in the states, there is not an importer for these so you have to do some online searching to find parts.

Buddy

CMB is a beast. The case, the steel rod and the roller bearings instead of a bushing and aluminum rod. It will practically last forever with the proper care.

Lets not forget Picco and the A/A engines.Most of the sport 40's have CMB including mine.

I saw your other post on OS's. With tower hobbies its easy for parts but the case's are thin and requier a special motor mount for stability or the case will crack.Also it takes a 180º exhaust which is hard to fit sometimes.

Tim

If you really want to go fast and have the bank, get the CMB 45. It's a stronger engine.

BB

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody .

Chapgixxer , this is a reply from Australia . I run a Sport 40 over here with a current series OPS Drum 45 with the factory slide carb on 30 % Nitro and a OPS 60 Silenced pipe . With regards to the motor mount my boat has a 3mm ply strip down the middle of the boat with Lord / Octura engine mount rubbers standing vertically to a cast 3 leg engine mount . Hopefu;;y this helps with your enquiries . With regards to NEW parts in America , I believe that there is a newly appointed OPS dealer over there called Hobby Soulas ? . I have sourced some s / hand - new parts from other members on International Waters over time . I have only ever used OPS Glow motors , and had reasonable success with them .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody .

Chapgixxer , this is a reply from Australia . I run a Sport 40 over here with a current series OPS Drum 45 with the factory slide carb on 30 % Nitro and a OPS 60 Silenced pipe . With regards to the motor mount my boat has a 3mm ply strip down the middle of the boat with Lord / Octura engine mount rubbers standing vertically to a cast 3 leg engine mount . Hopefu;;y this helps with your enquiries . With regards to NEW parts in America , I believe that there is a newly appointed OPS dealer over there called Hobby Soulas ? . I have sourced some s / hand - new parts from other members on International Waters over time . I have only OPS Glow motors , and had reasonable success with them .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
You are correct. There is a new OPS dealer in the US. He's on Intl Waters.

My choice is definitely the OPS 45. I have run them for years and have many available and any parts you may need. I run both the drum and disc and just love them. You can't beat the price or availability. Tom

BB
Or, you can one up the CMB and get an A/A45 for the same money.

med_gallery_128_827_50988.jpg

Latest posts

Back