Rx and battery pack for JAE .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Its seems that im runnin out of room in my little JAE12 and was wonderin what you guys (or girls) are using in your boats? Im close to being done with this thing! Then i can paint it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its seems that im runnin out of room in my little JAE12 and was wonderin what you guys (or girls) are using in your boats? Im close to being done with this thing! Then i can paint it! :)
LIPO such as E flite or similar

How long do we have to wait for the price of the chargers to go down? I just can't see spending a 100 bucks for a 20 dollar battery. I know the LIPO chargers used o be pricey but they have slowly come down in price I hope these do because they look like they would be the ticket for tight spaces. Ryon Shaw

How long do we have to wait for the price of the chargers to go down? I just can't see spending a 100 bucks for a 20 dollar battery. I know the LIPO chargers used o be pricey but they have slowly come down in price I hope these do because they look like they would be the ticket for tight spaces. Ryon Shaw

Do a search on the battery chargers. There is lots of them available that will charge thhe LiFe batterys for a lot less money.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Tom, this is really a cool little boat, but i need a friggin magnifying light WITH my 150 readin glasses to work on the thing with these old eyeballs! :lol: Yet another advantage big boats have over little boats i guess.....BUT it is a cool boat! Cant wait to run it...I still cant get it in my head that a .12 powered boat can run speeds approaching 60 mph! The Rx that i tried in the boat is a Futaba R113, and the only way i can get it it in the boat is to slide it under the shaft tube which leaves very little room for any padding...is there an Rx that is smaller that is compatable with Futaba? Thanks so much! :)Grim, there are a bunch of us old guys that WISH we had hair to grow!! :lol:

This is the charger that I use, charges every type battery available, and comes with about $20 worth of charge leads, which makes it a good bargain. Rick

http://www.hobbypartz.com/lifechargers.html
I have 2 of the center and 1 of bottom rt.they will charge lead acid too" where car batt ch. will cook our gel cells & small hobby ac adapter type take too long/ they're just right" You can renew nmhi batts with 1-5 times balance,,,tip all the #6 based chargers have the same brain/boards. The gold one is the best bang per buck for 12/120v. All of them are way better & accurate than the peak field chargers I spent good money on. Especially double vision hanger 9 one that was total crap for $60.

Bill

I make my own packs 4 NiMH 1000 mAH thy are real small and light 50g. I build them 2 on top of 2 makes them 1 3/4 long and 7/8 square. No voltage regulator needed as with the LiPo and most chargers will work.

Can also lay them flat if you want. If you need one let me know I will send one your way.

As soon as I get the time I am going to build one of the 12's of my own. If we can get enough people in Dis 3 to build them we can have are own specialty class just like the Big guys.

David

Bill

I make my own packs 4 NiMH 1000 mAH thy are real small and light 50g. I build them 2 on top of 2 makes them 1 3/4 long and 7/8 square. No voltage regulator needed as with the LiPo and most chargers will work.

Can also lay them flat if you want. If you need one let me know I will send one your way.

As soon as I get the time I am going to build one of the 12's of my own. If we can get enough people in Dis 3 to build them we can have are own specialty class just like the Big guys.

David
Thanks Dave, i will let you know....if the class ever happened here, id run it for sure as its another CHEAP class to run!

Latest posts

Back