MARYLAND Who wants to run???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Linden

Shoot me a PM if you want to run. I have 4 great spots and run with the Balto Club. Let's get together and shred some hydro. I run gas but if it floats and goes let's get it out there.

im in Joppa looking for other's to run with {:<) {__o_0_o__}

post or pm me where and when you will be running and i will be there

charles here's the boat im building

FC Cheetha

TP4092/1600kv

FC 8s 300a

P1060878_zps4a13b4d3.jpg

P1060887_zps26f42f1e.jpg

I think you may need a little negative on the strut of your full scale boat. :lol:

Nice Cheetah. Got any interior pics?? Will you be running 6S2P??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you may need a little negative on the strut of your full scale boat. :lol:

Nice Cheetah. Got any interior pics?? Will you be running 6S2P??
i just did a CF inlay and hope to get a servo mount made today and mounted with motor mount.

will try to get some pics

i only have 3s batterys for now . but thinking of getting some 6s

is this better

raceCopy.jpg

Don't know what your FE experience is so excuse me if I'm telling you stuff you already know. If you have four 3S packs you can run them in series and parallel to get 6s2p but battery charging will be a hassle. The boat will be very slow on 3S and if you only run 2 packs in series to make 6S (or 6S1P), you're probably going to strain your batteries. The kv on the motor may be a touch on the high side for long runs on 6S so be carefull with prop selection and watch for heat.. For longer runs 5S will get you under 30,000 no load which would be more appropriate for longer run times, keeping everything cool. If you want to run fast for less than two minutes, I would get two 6S packs and run them in parallel.

Cool paint. Did someone local do it??

Thanks Chilli

im new to FE so i welcome all help and need all the advice that i can get.

do you series a 2s and 3s to get the 5s???

i just ordered 2 6s 5000mah 40c batterys }:<)

i ran nitro about 13yrs ago and now do to back problems im getting back into rc boats

are you local to joppa??? where do you run??? i would like to hookup with others to run and pick there brains on fe boats, i have a lot to learn

P1060873_zps20e033a9.jpg

I'm a couple hours away in Northern, VA but were in the same IMPBA district as the Baltimore Club so we race with those guys a couple times a year. They are a good bunch. They run mostly nitro but do have a member who runs FE. Charles (bsmtboy2) is the conract for that club but racing season is winding down and I believe he coaches youth football so he is probably not on IW as much this time of year. Drop him a PM. I would be happy to help you with FE matters. And if I dont have an answer for you, I can put you in contact with someone that does. You can drop me a PM or email me [email protected]. If you ever decide you want to get into racing, your in a good spot (within two hours of three races held in the district.

Chilli... have you been talking (email) to Littledvl in clinton md about running boats on ose

Don;

First off, try to get hold of another cooling plate for the bottom of that ESC if it did not come with

2 cooling plates installed form FC. also add a cap bank the the esc to keep the DC volts nice a smooth going to the ESC.

Second, that ESC/Power/KV combo is a good racing

combo and not intened for extended periods of running. (you are looking to mill for one lap, race hard

for 6 laps, then do a cool down mill lap afterwards. Prop it starting off with a x-442 ( i know it is a small prop)

THEN work your way up thru the 445 then 447 props. (also an X-642 is a good choice after the 445 also)

I did alot of testing on the FC series of ESC's when Ben was invovled with the Co.

Timing for that motor is at 3Deg. (it is a Delta wind motor),

Use 5000mah/40 batteries. did you happen to measure the sponson area to see if the single 6S packs will

drop down into them?

Anything else please feel free to ask. also use 3/16" fle3x shaft and an Octura flex hex collet.

Am also the VP of the club that Chilli is the Pres. of in the NOVA area.

Carl

ps; one more thing, build the hull like it were a giant WATER PROOF radio box.

Don, Not too many people know the FC Controllers like Carl does. I told him to chime in on your thread because he has done some larger FE boats.

I think I did talk to littledevil on OSE a week or two ago. I always try to say high if I see a new member from the MD or VA area. I believe he's about 45 minutes from our club pond in Centrevile, VA.

Carl... is one that talked me into the Cheetah and told me about this site. He has been a big help with this so far and i still have some quistions for him.

littledvl is my son he is in my house in Clinton MD

i really would like to come over to VA and meet you and Carl when i get this build done

Don;

First off, try to get hold of another cooling plate for the bottom of that ESC if it did not come with

2 cooling plates installed form FC. also add a cap bank the the esc to keep the DC volts nice a smooth going to the ESC.

Second, that ESC/Power/KV combo is a good racing

combo and not intened for extended periods of running. (you are looking to mill for one lap, race hard

for 6 laps, then do a cool down mill lap afterwards. Prop it starting off with a x-442 ( i know it is a small prop)

THEN work your way up thru the 445 then 447 props. (also an X-642 is a good choice after the 445 also)

I did alot of testing on the FC series of ESC's when Ben was invovled with the Co.

Timing for that motor is at 3Deg. (it is a Delta wind motor),

Use 5000mah/40 batteries. did you happen to measure the sponson area to see if the single 6S packs will

drop down into them?

Anything else please feel free to ask. also use 3/16" fle3x shaft and an Octura flex hex collet.

Am also the VP of the club that Chilli is the Pres. of in the NOVA area.

Carl

ps; one more thing, build the hull like it were a giant WATER PROOF radio box.
Thanks for posting Carl

i have sent FC 4 emails about the 2nd cooling block and no return to them /:<( i would like to add the other cooling block and put some new motor leads on it

so you think this is a racing combo??? it was sold to me as a 6s sport combo.

Carl.. do you do any esc work??? if i find a cooling block can you add it and put on new motor leads???

Thanks again for your time and help

littledvl is my son he is in my house in Clinton MD

i really would like to come over to VA and meet you and Carl when i get this build done
Small world. LOL Would love to run with you guys when you get the Cheetah finished up. It should be a fine running hull. The rumor mill is it's bottom is similar to the Aeromarine 60 Sprint Cat. I think you're motor may be a little on the high side (kv) for heat racing but I've have never run a Leopard so it may work out. Just go easy on the props like Carl said. That Cheetah is such a nice looking hull That may jusy be my next FE build. We do have a class to race it in which would be Open Nitro/FE Hydro.

Latest posts

Back