Help needed on tuned pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

I have a 21 CMB Valvola and 20 Hummingbird that I am building BUT I have 4 tuned pipes I have collected over the last few years.

I don't know what pipes that they are at this point although the shorter 13" black pipe has a CMB marking.

The longer black pipe is 16".

Both of the silver pipes are 11".

Can someone identify these pipes?

Any recomendations for which one to use or at least which ones to test?

Thanks in advance.

photo.jpg

I have a 21 CMB Valvola and 20 Hummingbird that I am building BUT I have 4 tuned pipes I have collected over the last few years.

I don't know what pipes that they are at this point although the shorter 13" black pipe has a CMB marking.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 19168
I'd try the Cooper looking pipe with the twin outlets,, the one I used on a CMB45RS worked great!

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 19168
the two silver ones looks like andy browns .21 tune pipes..the black with CMB likes to be a .21.. measure the OD on them..that can give you some ideas on what size of nitro motor they would work for..

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 19168
I'd try the Cooper looking pipe with the twin outlets,, the one I used on a CMB45RS worked great!

Ditto on that. Other than that pipe you might be better off with an OPS 3280 pipe or one of the Square wave pipes or I think Steve Woods offers a new .21 pipe. Dont think you will have great results with the other pipes you show.

Robert

The far right CMB pipe is a very good pipe, the twin outlet is a cooper .21 and they are very restrictive, the single outlet 21 cooper was a better performing pipe. The other two in the photo I am unfamiliar with but they are not Andy Brown pipes. I would try the CMB first, my valvola did not perform well with a cooper like you have in your photo.

Clint,

I would sell them all if you can, and buy the Cooper S-pipe from Steve Wood.

I didn't like any of those on a Valvola 21. I have a brand new in the package

Andy Brown Fat Pipe if you are looking for one. Andy's XT pipe works well

on the Valvola 21 also. :D

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the one on the left is a picco. I drilled mine the, heavy Cajun bullet w mac ran pretty well on it. I'm real impressed with the CMB nitro pipesI got from Stubarr with added a 707 muffler.

Back