Mixture Control with Eagle Tree

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lohring

I'm sorry that I lost the message asking about mixture control using the Eagle Tree Seagull telemetry system. I never got around to trying this because it's hard to run a boat and look at the display at the same time. A pit man could help, though. There was an automatic mixture control available many years ago. It read the exhaust gas temperature and set the mixture to maintain a set value. I ran it in a Sport 40 and found the thermocouple to be delicate. Failure resulted in the system setting the mixture leaner and the engine stopped. Since it was early in my career, I might have better luck now. I sold my example to Skip Wagner.

Lohring Miller

lohring said:
There was an automatic mixture control available many years ago.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh .. you're talking about the 'thingy' from PCRC .

It was made for 0.21 ... but run on my CMB.90 with paralel-flow.

Now the sound of a well-running enging is set on my mind , I don't use it anymore.

The RC-mixturecontrol of the CMB is good enough now to let her sing.
biggrin.gif

Lohring

I have bin testing with the eagle tree. I use the thermal probe to log the temp and down load it after the run at the lake with my laptop.

Yes trying to watch the small screen while driving is very hard. Tommy Dodd Is working on a stand alone system of his design. He goes by BB Mods's

on here.

The OS FI system uses a ex temp sensor With adjustments on the controller. Would like to see what this system would flow on a flow meter. It was used on the larger eng using low nitro. It might just work on a smaller eng with high nitro. Would be nice if some one could hack in to it to make it work.

David

I tried a PC RC unit on an OPS 45 a few years ago, and it wouldn't flow enough fuel to keep the motor happy. How did you run the parallel system, with two solenoids, or a fuel bybass? I have a couple of the units in my garage, and would like to put it in a larger boat. Any information would be helpful.

Also, check out what the PC/RC folks are up to now.

My link

Fuel injection for weedeater motors...

Thanks,

Mike Mooers

Like David, I use an Eagletree to data-log and then download it into my laptop at pond-side. Years ago I also had a Robart Automix unit but without much luck. I am experimenting with a small microprocessor to control the mixture servo - that way it will flow the same as manually adjusting (just smarter).

In 2007, there was a great discussion on here from Marty Davis that talked about changing the mixture in the corners when the engine was loaded as compared to all-out straight-away mixture. Does anyone 'mix' the rudder channel with the 3rd channel mixture control channel? - any thoughts??

It seems that a lot of hydro heats are won by the hydro that just keeps running for all the laps! I have blown glowplugs & rods and decided that it is my poor manual mixture control (both before launching and with 3rd channel). As with everything at work, when manual doesn't consistently work well, you automate it!

Mike Mooers said:
How did you run the parallel system, with two solenoids, or a fuel bybass?

Any information would be helpful.
See picture .. original CMB main needle/spraybar.

Took main needle out , and controled the 'main-stream' with a OS-RCneedle.

On original fuel-inlet the PC/RC.

Paralel-Flow.jpg

Back