Jae 21 done

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Well here it is have a look .finally getting them done and ready for testing..been very busy but it's been rewarding also.Running 3 channel and remote valve in this one too ...It's a bone stock NR 5 port from Glenn that ran nice last year in a hawk so we will see soon how it goes.

Thanks for looking.

Terry

Well here it is have a look .finally getting them done and ready for testing..been very busy but it's been rewarding also.Running 3 channel and remote valve in this one too ...It's a bone stock NR 5 port from Glenn that ran nice last year in a hawk so we will see soon how it goes.

Thanks for looking.

Terry
Terry another fine job,like the color.Looks sweet and can't wait to see them all go.

Very nice....can't wait to here how she goes with that N/R. I've got the same combo almost ready as well.....

looks awesome man!! surely to be seen on the water! but it could use some of my decals hit me up ill give you the details<<<< shameless plug :ph34r:

Terry, One suggestion, add a brace to your rudder mount that extends forward on the right side of the tub like the .12 has. A flat peice of .060 Aluminum tapered in the front works well. I found that it puts a lot of stress on the transom without it and also lets the rudder flex. Also if you have the hollow boom tubes that came with the original kits you better have a spare set,they are very brittle and it doesn't take much to break them

Jim

Dave, i just weighed it for you.4lbs1.10 RTR no fuel.

Jim Thanks for the suggestion but i have added my re-inforcements to that inside corner in the way of 1/4 ply that runs from the top of the inside of the box to the floor of the box and 1/2" wide and drilled for a peice of cf rod that my pushrod seal gets ca'd to.Very strong and a great waterproof seal.

I like for the hollow rods to break when i het something.It is my fuseable link if you will.....and it saves my boat.Steve ball and Gary preusse put me onto that ...need I say more comming form those fine gentleman ???.

I just keep spare rods with me..

I have seen a whole tub ripped out of a rigger where the rods were solid ...not pretty.

Jim Thanks for the suggestion but i have added my re-inforcements to that inside corner in the way of 1/4 ply that runs from the top of the inside of the box to the floor of the box and 1/2" wide and drilled for a peice of cf rod that my pushrod seal gets ca'd to.Very strong and a great waterproof seal.

I like for the hollow rods to break when i het something.It is my fuseable link if you will.....and it saves my boat.Steve ball and Gary preusse put me onto that ...need I say more comming form those fine gentleman ???.

I have seen a whole tub ripped out of a rigger where the rods were solid ...not pretty.
I agree it is better to have them break off than tear your tub out but they are very brittle and it doesn't take much.

Nice man!! Love the cowl!! I am going to have to agree with Jim about getting some solid rods...those hollow ones will smash like a McDonalds straw...Just my 2 cents worth...Beautiful job on your build!

-Kent

Terry,

Lookin' good! Can't wait to get mine on the water. I'll be running a stock NR also. Let us know how it runs.

David

looks nice,what size batt pack in your boat??

I only have the following props ...how do you guys think it would run with them and wha is THE prop of choice.I run 50% nitro.

1450 wich has the earounded and dia reduced .I got this used on a trade or something.

1450 bag (bone stock)balanced and sharpened.

H7 bag (bone stock) balanced and sharpened.

Has anyone had any issues with the brass comming out of the sponsons??It has been brought to my attention.I put as much good west system as possible around mine and had them scuffed up Really well but as i said I have no test time yet...This system worked very well on my hawk but i was able to bury the tubes (from the top )in epoxy during tha build

Has anyone had any issues with the booms breaking other than hitting something ??I used them to be consistent with my 12 and hawk rigger and i had lots on hand..

I only have the following props ...how do you guys think it would run with them and wha is THE prop of choice.I run 50% nitro.

1450 wich has the earounded and dia reduced .I got this used on a trade or something.

1450 bag (bone stock)balanced and sharpened.

H7 bag (bone stock) balanced and sharpened.

Has anyone had any issues with the brass comming out of the sponsons??It has been brought to my attention.I put as much good west system as possible around mine and had them scuffed up Really well but as i said I have no test time yet...This system worked very well on my hawk but i was able to bury the tubes (from the top )in epoxy during tha build

Has anyone had any issues with the booms breaking other than hitting something ??I used them to be consistent with my 12 and hawk rigger and i had lots on hand..
Some of the FE guys had them break in rough water without hitting anything. There is a post about it here somewhere.

I will be comparing the kit supplied tubes with the ones i got from a kite supply store last year.As soon as I think of it.I will check Id and wall thickness.I just know they wrked very well in my hawk and broke when they should thus saving my boat..

guys got out testing today and my throttle servo went out after one run so i could not get much done..I hole to switch it out and have baeetr luck on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back