New Crapshooter in my fleet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big roy

Hi All,

I just wanted to post some pics and get some feedback on a rigger hull I just picked up today. It is a Crapshooter, either a 67 or a 80 boat. It measures 42" x 19.5". I am not sure if I am going to restore her or what, just thought I would ask you guys about her. If I run her I have a OPS .67 I can try in her. Just not sure yet.

Thanks

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I just wanted to post some pics and get some feedback on a rigger hull I just picked up today. It is a Crapshooter, either a 67 or a 80 boat. It measures 42" x 19.5". I am not sure if I am going to restore her or what, just thought I would ask you guys about her. If I run her I have a OPS .67 I can try in her. Just not sure yet.

Thanks

Roy
so much for the B tunnel class Eh Roy???????????????

Roy-

Brings back some fond memories! I scratch-built one in the early '70's, using a friends boat for templates as he was building his... nice boats, and I wish I still had my templates!

Good luck with it!

New guy here on the forum, just getting back into boating after a 35 year hiatus with a JAE .21 boat/5 port Novarossi. Just a fun boat to get my feet wet once again.

Wes

Nope B tunnel it will be, this is just another possible project if I decide to restore her. Old boats need good homes too ya know

Crazy, I am not sure what cowl it is, it came with the boat, that is all I know, sorry

I am about to put the strut on my restored Hummingbird 20 - your strut is offset to the outside! I haven't drilled my new mounting holes - I thought it had to go in the exact middle! What's up?

I am about to put the strut on my restored Hummingbird 20 - your strut is offset to the outside! I haven't drilled my new mounting holes - I thought it had to go in the exact middle! What's up?
I was wondering the same. If prop walk causes the boat to turn right, shouldn't the strut be mounted either center or to the right to make the boat run more straight without rudder input?

Back in the day Crapshooters installed there Motors off set in there Boat. They were put to one side of the hull.

That's a good way to tell if it's a real CS Boat if you are going to find one look for that.

The Dog

Roy..

I have an original Crapshooter cowl around here some place. It's yours if you want to pay to ship it.

Steve Ball

Some of the CS's may have had an offset strut back in the 70s but not all for sure. That looks like a normal 67 shooter but there was also a sprint 67 that was 36". Offsetting the strut to the left side with the turn fin creating drag on the right side will actually keep the boat from turning in on the course!

Refinish that boat. It's a part of history. "Like Me" ;)

Don

Hello, I just got the directions with the boat as well and did not realize it. The directions say it is either a Super 60 or a Super 90. Stu tells me it looks like a 90 boat. So I know this so far. Thanks for all the info so far.

Roy

Take Steve's cowl and finish that boat out right, no sense in having a natural wood vintage CS in that shape and NOT restoring it.

BB I will, I cant wait to get it gone the right way, take my time with her and end up with a incredible boat. There is just something about bringing a old boat back to life, just makes you feel good, at least me.

Roy

Roy

I agree, I <3 vintage boats!

My new office is going to have a nice collection of vintage boats that iv been squirreling away, I have an original sightler SAW x mono that will be up on display soon, And hope to add a triple engine CS to my collection soon, it's a reproduction, but still one hell of a show piece.

Back