Paypal and unverified address

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Moore

Just wondering if anyone has had a issue with sending a package out to a non verified address even if you have already received the money. Paypal is advising me to send the paypal account owner a email to verify if its a lagit transaction before i send the package. Any advise

Definitely send the verifying email before sending goods. Otherwise, PayPal can 'pull' the money back if the owner of the PayPal account claims that he didn't order it and you will be out the goods AND the money. (It happened to me - some guy was using a vacant house and picking up the packages from in front of the door).

Last edited:
What that means is the person has not attached a credit card or something comfirming their address to the paypal account. Paypals way of securing any claims.

I have not had any problems and do it all the time. I would though make sure as always with the person that you are sending to the right place.

Just keep all records of e-mails.

Tim jones

Just wondering if anyone has had a issue with sending a package out to a non verified address even if you have already received the money. Paypal is advising me to send the paypal account owner a email to verify if its a lagit transaction before i send the package. Any advise

I would also say if its is a large transaction (more than 50 dollars) Tell them to Verify there address with paypal and If they do not want to, there is your first Red flag

Tim

Definitely send the verifying email before sending goods. Otherwise, PayPal can 'pull' the money back if the owner of the PayPal account claims that he didn't order it and you will be out the goods AND the money. (It happened to me - some guy was using a vacant house and picking up the packages from in from of the door).

thanks guys for your info. The tranaction did go smooth but i will keep this in mind in future transactions

Back