What I Do Not Understand Yet In This Hobby?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoboat

Boaters,

I guess I don't get it yet? I spend plenty of time getting new propellers

developed and modified, but I sure receive some interesting feedback. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I get discouraged here on the message board when I get

this interesting feedback. I spend plenty in this hobby just to help others

get better performance out of their models. I hope in the future here on IW

we can all help each other out instead of criticizing each others posts. It

seems recently that some of the people here on the message board have

lost the focus of this great site. :) It would be refreshing to see more positive

posts to help us all out. What do you boaters think?

Just A Little Concerned,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

I guess I don't get it yet? I spend plenty of time getting new propellers

developed and modified, but I sure receive some interesting feedback. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I get discouraged here on the message board when I get

this interesting feedback. I spend plenty in this hobby just to help others

get better performance out of their models. I hope in the future here on IW

we can all help each other out instead of criticizing each others posts. It

seems recently that some of the people here on the message board have

lost the focus of this great site. :)

Just A Little Concerned,

Mark Sholund
mark ill start this off here for ya...and just checking to see about the other props for me..lol

mark does great work, products are delivered on a very timely basis, considering how long it takes to do a prop..properly. all his props finishes are perfect in my opinion and the time and effort he puts in with testing and such are a valuable asset to this hobby. just sit down in front of the dreaded balancer and get your fingers sliced up like you been wrestling with a ginsu blade and see what i mean. they are cheaply priced for the work done to them. thank you mark for all you do..your props kick ass and your effort is second to none. there are a great bunch of guys on here that need to be thanked for the effort the put out..mark is one. thank you.

tk

Mark,

You probably don't even remember me but you sure have helped me with prop selections and info for my boats over the years.

Don't let the negative get to you!

I always think of those times when I am at the pond on a nice crisp and calm day with friends or alone and have my Eagletree data-recorder going and am testing props and tweaking adjustments - great times!

Your advice has always been spot-on for me.

Thanks for all the help in the past!

Ive never purchased a prop from you......YET, but i have a friend who has and he seems to be quite happy with them....i have on occasion asked for input on a given project and from time to time you have chimed in, and i appreciated you doing so....i dont know the details of the issue or issues you are referring to but you must remember that you will NEVER please everybody all the time..it is human nature and a fact of life and to me the best thing you can do for your own sanity is remember why you partake in this great hobby...I, for one being a pathetically average boater and quite content with that status am VERY GRATEFUL to people such as yourself who devote the time and effort to making guys like me better...and there are several of you out there that share that info here on IW, which i enjoy so much! Hope this helps a little...if not then just SCREW EM AND GO PLAY BOATS! :)

Mark, As Bill Gibson said.

I don't know about the case you are refering to, I surely hope it wasn't anything I have said.

Cause I for one, have had the pleasure of talking to you on the phone, ordered a few props from you, And I can say, they are the "nat's ass" as far as I'm concerned.

When a prop just doesn't do it, you simply say, send it back to me, & I'll make it right.

I have even sent damaged props to you, & you have repaired/reworked them back to perfection, and didn't ask for a dime in return. You treat me so well I feel guilty sometimes.

So, whomever is badmouthing you, or your work. Screw um, let em do there own props & let you concentrate on those who appreciate you

I don't know about the case you are refering to, I surely hope it wasn't anything I have said.

Cause I for one, have had the pleasure of talking to you on the phone, ordered a few props from you, And I can say, they are the "nat's ass" as far as I'm concerned.

When a prop just doesn't do it, you simply say, send it back to me, & I'll make it right.

I have even sent damaged props to you, & you have repaired/reworked them back to perfection, and didn't ask for a dime in return. You treat me so well I feel guilty sometimes.

So, whomever is badmouthing you, or your work. Screw um, let em do there own props & let you concentrate on those who appreciate you
Hey "FAT BELLY BELLINGER" youd better do a good job on my boat or im gonna say such BAD things aboutcha OOOOIIIEEE! :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Hey! did you get my PM about the JAE12? Sorry Mark...i just had ta do it! :)

When you post on this site, you open yourself up to opinions. Just the way it is. This is a great site, for sure. The "wars" that used to be on this site have mellowed a heck of alot, in my opinion. Mark, thanks for the great prop service you provide. Enjoy the hobby! Richard D

Mark you have been a tremendous help to me! You are a wealth of information as you are at the center of what truely makes a boat perform well. The proper propeller is the key and since you have undoubtably tweeked more props than 95-99% of the rest of us on this site I would defer to your knowledge of what works and what doesn't. In my opinion those little wheels I have gotten from you are jewels on the end of my boat.

Hey Mark I know what your talking about man. Don't let it bother you dude.

By the way PM me your email address and or phone #. I need some props and prop work.

Keep up the great work. :)

hi mark,i will second and third this,you are a super nice human being who takes the time to go over stuff with the person on the other side of the phone. service,quality,price and turn around time is outstanding! i used to do props years ago(sorry the one i traded you was not as pretty as yours)LOL :) my parents always told me in order to survive in this world you must have thick skin.so sometimes you must just let things go and keep enjoying what you do and screw the ones that want to be negitive and feed off of the positive! have a great weekend,mike.

Mark you been right on with props i got from you great work , there is always someone no matter what is going to be negitive just nature i guess but kee up the good work i probably be calling you with a couple more props i be needing.

When you post on this site, you open yourself up to opinions. Just the way it is. This is a great site, for sure. The "wars" that used to be on this site have mellowed a heck of alot, in my opinion. Mark, thanks for the great prop service you provide. Enjoy the hobby! Richard D

Richard:

You hit the nail on the head.....

Mark:

When you post some opinion or finding, you do open yourself up to discussion and many times criticism. I sure have had my share of that over the years. It often times is hard to swallow when someone challenges you about a statement or finding. Especially when you are the kind of person who NEVER states something that is just "bench racing chatter" but is documented as being a FACT. When you present something that you have proven is a fact, it becomes much more difficult to accept criticism.

Until you know something is FOR SURE CORRECT, you are much better off to state that in your original post or reply that this is something that seems plausible rather than a FACT.

Don't let this get you down, just eliminate as many possible challenges as you can with great data. I learned this with challenges from Brian Callahan, Norris Sparks, John Ackerman and the rest of the group that I used to work with in Indy. Several of us would make a statement and then the challenges started. Sometimes finding out that you were completely wrong was embarassing. BUT the learning curve was great by operating this way.

There is always someone wanting to pull on Supermans Cape...... :blink: I have been running the roads racing competive for 11 years. Have learned many things from some of the Best Boaters in different areas of the country. Some have More than others .... Some have Less. But I have grown to RESPECT all of them for there Knowledge & there Ability to prepare a boat on race Day!! & Now for the..... Real Problem............. Its early March & CABIN FEVER is EVERWHERE. Mark, Did you receive my email on the Props Needed? The temps are on the rise in West Tennessee & it will be Time to Test SOON!! As always we appreciate the Prompt service & the vast knowledge on the props!! Good, Clean, Balance props Are a Must on Race Day !! Go Breath some Nitro....... it helps with the Cabin Fever..... 70 degree tomorrow here, I plan to be @ A POND TESTING! jw

It takes all kinds of people and their skills to make model boat racing the great hobby/sport that it is. When someone is willing to help others, whether by helping a new boater get his boat running on a practise day, or by posting advice on IW, that someone is contributing to our hobby.

I for one, say thank you to those people willing to step up.

That being said, there are many ways to accomplish the same goals. Your ideas may be different than mine, but that does not mean either of us is right or wrong. To get ahead, we need to pay attention to others, learn what we can and help where we can.

When I show up at a race where I have never been before, there is always someone that I have spoken to on the telephone or communicated with by email and IW. That is a wonderful part of model boating. I would hate to go to a new pond and run into someone that I had just called an idiot on IW. So, it is best to use common courtesy on IW.

My conversations with Mark were informative for me. Thank you for the input and advice. Mark and many others contribute to our hobby. These people are assets and should be treated as such.

Al Hobbs

mark dont let other peoples negative comments get you down! for every one negative comment thrown out here, there are always twice as many,positive comments,sent your way!,i'm glad this site is out here,lots of good info to be gleaned out here,shared by lots of great people,too bad some people cant be objectionable,without being rude or down right mean,it's ok to dissagree,thats what prompts,thought and conjecture,i would be the first, to thank anyone who has helped me,weather they know it or not, when i read it on this site! THANKS TO YOU MARK, FOR YOUR HELP AND THANKS TO ALL YOU FELLOW

BOATERS FOR YOURS AS WELL!!

lets keep this a great place to interact with one and others

sincerly;

norm j

fmbc

glmbc

Mark,

No doubt about the fact those of us most willing to speak up and lend a helping hand because we can are the ones who some see as the ones who don't have a clue :huh: .... Funny that this board is MUCH better than the gas side elsewhere (Name withheld)

One thing that keeps the haters at bay is the knowledge you know is fact, your abilities respected by all those who do have a clue

:p Thick skin and a cold shoulder to the haters make the days go by with not so much as a ruffling of the feathers.

Regards,

Scott

Mark dont let these guys get to you. I have seen you help people in many different ways.

Whether its props, contact info, engine work, suppliers to name a few. The problem with

you is that you want to help people and you go out of your way doing so. Maybe you should

let things be and let everyone try to figure out the black magic. A lot of new people are coming

into this hobby and they need people like you and Don Ferrette and few others that post information with their

years of knowledge to help others. I know this whole thing came up earlier this morning. People

saw a nice boat running on the video and they wanted to know things about it. And all the help they

got were confused answers. What some seem to forget is the ones asking the question are the future

of this hobby and the new potential customers. It seems that they dont want to help anyone. They just

want to be the ones on top of the podium. The same thing happened a couple of months ago. Elusive

answers and lots of black magic. Your doing a great job helping people and I hope you dont't get discouraged from people who are jealous and snotty. B) They can have there little plastic trophy and we will go have some fun with our friends...... B) Your friend Nick..... oh oh here is some rolling eyes for you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mark,

you have provided me and many others with great props and service. i don't know what happened but hope you will not let that affect your participation. thankfully the situation here on IW is much more civil than elsewhere. your presence on IW and being part of the hobby is much appreciated.

you're a great guy mark, please stay involved.

thank you,

dave

Mark,

No doubt about the fact those of us most willing to speak up and lend a helping hand because we can are the ones who some see as the ones who don't have a clue :huh: .... Funny that this board is MUCH better than the gas side elsewhere (Name withheld)

One thing that keeps the haters at bay is the knowledge you know is fact, your abilities respected by all those who do have a clue

:p Thick skin and a cold shoulder to the haters make the days go by with not so much as a ruffling of the feathers.

Regards,

Scott
I couldn't have said it better.

Like the rest of us that do have a clue as to what's going on, I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything. That being said, I feel the same way at times, getting called out about things I've said in a post that I know work. The bad part is that it's usually by others that have little real experience or think that what others have said is the "golden rule". I wouldn't worry about other's with a reputation as good as yours. When I see a post by Shoboat about props or set ups, I can bet it's usually well within the ballpark and wouldn't have to think twice about believing it's good info. Just keep doing what you do and the rest will take care of itself. BTW, I may need some props for some 20 sized hydros......................

Latest posts

Back