motor for a JAE12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack dyer

Was wondering what was a better motor to use in

the Jae12 rigger Nova Rossi .12 5 port or the 3port

or OS .18.Also does it have to be a marine engine or can

you use the car version in this size boat?Looking for any

ideas as i won't be racing it so i'm not worried about class

size.

Was wondering what was a better motor to use in

the Jae12 rigger Nova Rossi .12 5 port or the 3port

or OS .18.Also does it have to be a marine engine or can

you use the car version in this size boat?Looking for any

ideas as i won't be racing it so i'm not worried about class

size.
the nova 5 port is all around the best and the best money..jmo

.. you have pm.

tk

We have two members in the club running the Nova's. One is running a 5 port the other is the 3 port. The 3 port was worked on by Rod Geraghty, and the 5 port by someone else. The 3 port is the faster of the two. As for hull design, with the exception of one Lil' Rascal, If all the A hydros in our club were running the same engine setup, You could throw a towel over them at the end of a heat. TCHedOff is running the 3 port, another member the 5. The rest of the boats are running stock air cooled buggy motors.

Rod, I can never thank you enough.... time, priceless advice... and so much more (Nope aint gonna tell everyone all that you did for me.... then they'd expect the same and you'd be broke! LOL).

But I do want others to know that you promised me you'd give me an engine that was #1 reliable ("Aint no fun chasin a dead boat" - your words AND you were right) and #2 fast. I GREATLY appreciate you takin the time to teach me so much and doing so much for me. When can I come over again...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! :)

i would go with the 3 port, the new ones have the timing you want right out of the box, get glenn to mod the carb and it will be all you need, just let it rip..

Glen informed me he only has 5 port left and they have the sleeves with the new timing numbers.Is this the one i should get or if in no hurry wait for the 3 port ??

I am in no rush ?

Terry

I also have a couple os 18's and am considering putting one in a JAE 12 would this me somewhat equal to the 12 nr's even though they are considered a sport engine with their side exhaust and bolt on header.

It would keep my cost way down since they are just sitting here , one nib and one in a vegas that is collecting dust.

It would be nice if they were sorta equal to a 12 because i have plenty of spare parts also.

I could just sell thm to the vegas guys too.

What ya think

TERRY

Terry, hows it going old friend?

Nothing wrong with a side exhaust engine, iv built a few nice aquacraft motor's, they will make a great fit in your JAE 12 boat. Mark S can take care of your prop needs.

Back