NITRO CARB BLUEPRINTING?

• Thread starter Guest_2FAST2SOON
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_2FAST2SOON

Fellow gear heads. :D I need information on a topic I remember seeing two years back on a fellow engine builder,who I think was in Ill.,that offered carb. blueprinting for nitro engines.The individule had somone that superflowed the carbs with very good sucsess.You sent him your carb. and he would have this gentelman do your carb for a cost I believe was around $45.Any info on this would be appeciated! :unsure:

Guest_2FAST2SOON said:
Fellow gear heads. :D I need information on a topic I remember seeing two years back on a fellow engine builder,who I think was in Ill.,that offered carb. blueprinting for nitro engines.The individule had somone that superflowed the carbs with very good sucsess.You sent him your carb. and he would have this gentelman do your carb for a cost I believe was around $45.Any info on this would be appeciated! :unsure:
FOUND OUT "MARTY DAVIS" USED TO OFFER THIS SERVICE. I E-MAILED HIM ON IT AND HE REPLIED BACK THAT HE NO LONGER HAS THAT CONTACT.DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHO WAS DOING THIS FOR HIM???? :eek:

Re: The mysteries of carb optimization.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum that has made or modified more carbs than yours truly.

There are two stories that pertain to this subject.

One is a great story the other is the truth,which one do you want to hear?

save the great story for your next fishing trip, how about the truth lol. Is there really much to be gained from having a carb worked over?

[SIZE=14pt]Rod,[/SIZE]

I got the carbs you modified for Gary GTR yesterday. Very well done. Question though, the black carb that was reworked, the arms move stiffly well more jaggedly I should say. Does it just need oil or something of the sort to smooth it out or is there some bored aluminum in there?Thanks!

Hi all i have been taking my carbs and hooking them to a shop vac to it where it goes in the engine and a vacune gauge to where the fuel line goes and working it to get the best vacume reading as possable. so far it has been working great. very easy to build two carbs that are the same jimmy

The bell that Marty was running on his boats seem to work well. I've had a few carbs modified this way and they seem to draw a lot more than a stock carb. The whole point is to keep the air going into the carb and not spilling over the leading edge of the carb.

Geraghty said:
There are two stories that pertain to this subject.One is a great story the other is the truth,which one do you want to hear?
Rod,

Post both stories and let each members decide for himself which one is correct. You cannot be accused of anything that way.

Myron

Myron_Sleeva said:
Geraghty said:
There are two stories that pertain to this subject.One is a great story the other is the truth,which one do you want to hear?
Rod,

Post both stories and let each members decide for himself which one is correct. You cannot be accused of anything that way.

Myron
Now Myron, remember your not back at that "other" forum, no "accusations" here! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

ok, this might be a really dumb question.....

What is meant by blueprinting? Being in teh design feild, a "blue print" is a set of drawings that show you how to build something form raw materials.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR POSTS ON MY? I WILL TRY TO SET THINGS STRAIGHT SO YOU ALL UNDERSTAND.YES I WAS TALKING ABOUT "MARTY DAVIS'S" CARB. OPTIMIZING THAT HE HAS ADVERTISED ON HIS WEB SITE. HE STATED THAT HE NO LONGER HAS THIS PERSON THAT DID THE WORK AS A CONTACT. I AM SEEKING THIS SERVICE TO BE DONE ON A RACING OUTBOARD ENGINE CARB. 15HP JOHNSON. IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF THIS WORK LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS OR IF IT IS A WASTE OF $. ALSO IF YOU KNOW OF THE PERSON "MARTY" WAS USING COULD YOU E-MAIL ME HIS NAME AND LOCATION.

rcboats2, that is the tunnel hull that I designed called BAW (bored at work) :D Ob Nut is building it. I think he is doing a really good job. he made the cowel out of CF & the hull is WOF. I designed it this past summer when i was "bored at work" for awhile.

Back to the carb business please!

I did some research and tinkering with carbs a while ago and found there is some useful stuff on the internet if you look hard enough. Flow bench data on various shapes etc.

I think I used a search engine and typed "venturi effect" and "intake trumpets" or something like that....

On 1 particular 21 outboard engine notorious for being hard to get a good, consistent needle - it totally changed it's characteristics by modifying the stock carb.

Bore size doesn't have to be as big if the correct shape is used because it will be able to flow as much, if not more air than a poorly designed carb.

2fast2soon,

For your Johnson carb - maybe try a race Kart store?

Tim.

Back