Herb Stewart needs your prayers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Knudsen

For those of you who haven't heard Herb Stewart was moved to a short term Hospice today. He has multiple brain tumors and is not expected to be with us much longer. He was just entered into the IMPBA hall of fame. An honor that I know personally means the world to him.

His sister and son Jeff are in Brooksville with him. They may be reached at Herbs cell phone

(352)442-5923.

Barbara and I have been honored to call Herb "friend" since the early 70's.

He never met a person he didn't like or wouldn't help.

Please say a prayer for a an old friend and one hell of a boater.

Ed & Barbara

I am very sorry to hear this i havent known Herb that long but loved sitting and talking to him the knowledge he had about boats was incredible are prayers are with Herb the Pickard Family

I am very sorry to hear this i havent known Herb that long but loved sitting and talking to him the knowledge he had about boats was incredible are prayers are with Herb the Pickard Family
I talked to Herb a couple months ago really nice guy never met him.....

Our thoughts are with you tonight Herbie.

You are in our prayers.

Andy, Jennifer and Kaytlin Greene

I talked to Herb a couple months ago really nice guy never met him.....
You couldn't meet a nicer guy Mike.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
i got to meet herb at the '08 tunnel champs. he loved boats & talking about them. he still seemed so excited by these little "toys", that it made being around him fun for any boater. you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers, herb.

Saw Herb at the record trials in Elizabeth City, NC this Spring. He set a few Fast Electric records and really had some "smokin' " stuff ( pun intended!). I have known Herb for a lot of years and have never met a nicer guy who is as serious about his hobby as he is. Glad to hear about the Hall of Fame thing, too.

We will keep Herb in our thoughts and prayers and wish him the best in the days ahead.

Dick Tyndall

This truely some sad news Herb stewart is truely an ambassedor to the world of R/C Boating who else any where on here or Jims or any where can say they had Anhieser Bush for a sponcer thats right Budwieser used to sponcer Herb way way back in the day. He used to sit around after racing with a stiff drink and tell us newbies all about the good ol days. He took up with me and Mitch back when we had races here in Jacksonville he would drive over and sleep in this old plymouth wagon {i think} and would be ready to go racing the next morning brite and early. Like was mentioned earlier there was no one Herb would not help He will be truely missed.

Herb would not help He will be truely missed.

Well he didnt die Tony... he is in the hospital. Herb's a tough old coot and will pull through.

~James :D

You are right James he's not gone. I mean after all we are talking about the guy that had Gang Green in his pancrius??? and lived through that. Mitch just spoke with his son and Herb is in and out they have him pretty druged up and at some moments he knows what's going on and who every body is and other times he is just out there I am sure driving a boat some where. I have to say that one of the greatest times I had with Herb we where at the old Charlston lake with the shriners and herb had about 3 or 4 little 12s and 18 size mono hulls and he my self and Kevin morral would fill them up get them started and hand the control over to the next kid in line and I mean they where lined up that is just the kinda of guy Herb is always wanting to help and get others into the hobby we ran those little boats with those kids till we could not see any more that is just 1 of many many good times we had at the pond.

Herb is the coolest RC racer. Enjoys himself no matter what happens. Win, lose or crash and burn. I remember going to the Atlanta race in '04 with my Mod-VP boat, he walks over and says "dang, I built one of those 20 years ago." I don't doubt it, he has done about everything there is to do in this hobby. He has brought many into the hobby, I hope somehow he bounces back again.

Got the news through Ron(Drake)this morning, and was caught off-guard. Herbie is one of the all time great storytellers, Ambassadors to our hobby and friend to many. Had the opportunity to room with him at Charleston in '07, I laughed at his tall tales 'til we had to sleep for at least an hour before starting the day. There's only one Herbie, and we all hope for good for him and his family.

Randy

Reed Eagle and I visited Herb this morning. He was pretty out of it but we think he knew we were there. We were able to tell him that he had been inducted in the IMPBA Hall of Fame. Herb is my best friend. We go waaaay back. He's in bad shape. Not expected to make it. It's a matter of hours or days. Herb was a wild man in his younger days as I'm sure Ed and John Otto and Hank Schneider and some others remember, but he really settled out to be a sweet guy the last few years. Herb set 7 IMPBA FE records this year along. He held the very first records in electrics way back when. A great guy. He will be missed. I will try to post updates here.

Jim Slaughter

Reed Eagle and I visited Herb this morning. He was pretty out of it but we think he knew we were there. We were able to tell him that he had been inducted in the IMPBA Hall of Fame. Herb is my best friend. We go waaaay back. He's in bad shape. Not expected to make it. It's a matter of hours or days. Herb was a wild man in his younger days as I'm sure Ed and John Otto and Hank Schneider and some others remember, but he really settled out to be a sweet guy the last few years. Herb set 7 IMPBA FE records this year along. He held the very first records in electrics way back when. A great guy. He will be missed. I will try to post updates here.

Jim Slaughter
Thanks for the updates Jim, a tough pill to swallow for all of us that consider Herb a true friend. It was a pleasure this last year or so to watch Herb get back into F/E with the passion and drive he did- he may have let "some smoke out of the wires :rolleyes: " along the way- but to see and talk to him while he re-chased the dreams from such a long time ago was priceless. To say he was re-fueled and had a passion for re-setting some F/E records was an understatement. I would talk to him for hours on end on the phone, the day he decided to go back after the F/E stuff- he was a new man- even in tough health times then.

Lets all say a prayer for Herb at one point or another- religious or not- it only takes a minute to give some thought to a guy that never thought about himself - but only and always to others.

Andy

BTW- To all those involved in getting Herb passed into the Hall this year-

Hats off fella's , he needed to at least hear that in his lifetime....

Thanks for the update Jim, not good news to hear how bad it actually is though. Please let him know in one way or another all his boating buddies are pulling for him if you get up there again.

~James

Dang, hate to hear of a fellow "Old Timer" is this hobby in Herb's condition. First met Herb back at a NAMBA Nats in 1980 or 81. Had some great looking boats. Great to know he was inducted into IMPBA's Hall of Fame.

JD

I got to spend a weekend around Herb at spring SAW's, what nice guy which makes this even tougher news to hear. Here's a pic of Herb (2nd from the left) with us at the trials.

Latest posts

Back