IMPBA Dist 4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

Land of Lincoln RC Boaters.

Land of Lincoln RC Boaters is open to all interested in power boat racing regardless of power system.

Testing will take place at Mattis Lake as the search for a race pond is on going.

A few notes:

We are not a "Scale" club.. we are a power boat racing club.

We are located in east central IL

For more information contact:

Michael Zaborowski

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry

Maybe but I dont think so.. I have never seen or heard your club use the word Illinois in your flyers or what not. "IF" you feel that this is somehow going to hurt your club let me know.. we still have time to change it.

I wanted to use Eastern Illinois RC power boaters but "Eastern Illinois" is a four letter word in these parts.

Wes.. water is in and out of hard right now.. SOON man SOON.. and yea.. we is nere Cham-pig-ne......

Michwich!

Grim

Terry
Maybe but I dont think so.. I have never seen or heard your club use the word Illinois in your flyers or what not. "IF" you feel that this is somehow going to hurt your club let me know.. we still have time to change it.

I wanted to use Eastern Illinois RC power boaters but "Eastern Illinois" is a four letter word in these parts.

Wes.. water is in and out of hard right now.. SOON man SOON

Michwich!

Grim
"Da flat footers boat club" ???

Yea.. thats not bad.........

QUICK.. RUN TO THE HILLS.. o wait... there aint no hills!

Aha.. the life.. a sitting duck in tornado ally.. what fun!

lol

Grim

Well...

We have a club with no name at this time..

And.. Phil does not play well with others.. he bites!

Grim

Well...

Grim
Maybe we could have a play day and Wes can roast a weiner<DOG or just hot dogs. If you need bouys contact me or Buddy as he has a line on some CHEEEEEP ones

Well...

Grim
Ha its the other end you should worry about.

Time to bring back the old C.I.M.B.A CENTRAL ILLINOIS MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

Should draw interested boaters from a wider area.

The ILLINI power boaters need not worry about confusing this start up club with theirs in a couple years we will be the ones holding the trophies.

Just messing with you guys dont get mad. :lol:

We do have the FIGHTING ILLINI at U of ILL. Right here in Champaign/Urbana. CHAMBANA ILL.

Grim,

I am excited to hear about having another Dist. 4 club and another possible race event. However, I would suggest that you find a name that doesn't have both Illinois and Power Boaters in the name. This will easily get confused with our club name - Illini Powerboaters.

I am sure everyone will be more than happy to send you a few names! I am rather fond of Wes's suggestion... 'Grim Boaters'.

Michael Brown

Illini Powerboaters

IMPBA Dist. 4

Grim,
I am excited to hear about having another Dist. 4 club and another possible race event. However, I would suggest that you find a name that doesn't have both Illinois and Power Boaters in the name. This will easily get confused with our club name - Illini Powerboaters.

I am sure everyone will be more than happy to send you a few names! I am rather fond of Wes's suggestion... 'Grim Boaters'.

Michael Brown

Illini Powerboaters

IMPBA Dist. 4
C.I.M.B.A CENTRAL ILLINOIS MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

hope that doesnt confuse you. C.I.M.B.A. . has been around for many years

Maybe you could change your name to the JOLIET WAVE JUMPERS :lol:

Illinois RC boat club?
Grim
Hard to pick a new name isnt it. I still like the "Central ILL" included in the name if you want to define the area the club will operate in.

We will be looking for running sites all over the area so the ILLINOIS XXXXX or CENTRAL ILL XXXXXX part of the name is what I like.

OR pick some name like Wave Jumpers or Turtle Dodgers, but please not anything goofy like that.

We should talk it over with our group and come up with something.

PHIL T

Terry,

This is or was never intended to become a pissing match. Man.. its toy boats dude..

The key to this:

Are club is TRYING to let others know where we, who we are and what we do in our name.

Illinois RC Power boaters.. You don’t like it and I SAID we are willing to work around it.

We are NOT trying to F your club in any way.. Please open up to this. Man. O man.….

OK..

Lets think…

No Illini Powerboaters.. I can dig that.. ITS YOUR NAME… we don’t want that one..

No Illinois RC Powerboaters as this is to close to yours (you have made your case. We are listening)

C.I.M.B.A CENTRAL ILLINOIS MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

I don’t want to use a name that has been used in the past because what if the founding members get excided and want to re-group. Its called working together! We are trying!

I came up with “Illinois RC boat club” based on what Michael Brown (Pres. Of the Illini Powerboaters) said.. its within the suggestions of what he asked..

So.. Terry.. this was NEVER MENT TO PISS YOU OFF DUDE.. I don’t know why your getting so cranked on this man…

Im asking you flat out man…. Giving you a chance to chime in.. not trying to piss you off….. asking for your blessing..

can we use or could we use (if we can not come up with another)

Illinois RC boat club?

This says nothing about us being a racing cub but im willing to work with your club..

Grim

P.S. We are still thinking very hard about this name deal.. no need to get back right away.. Give us a few days…. It might be that the above name is used by a scale club.. Im just not sure yet..

Latest posts

Back