Warning!Warning!Ebayers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR

Hi Everyone

I thought I would just let you guy's know Headrcboats is back. He is using a different ID again.

Be Warned off 'Gotboats' he is Mark Williamson using a different name but an Oceanside CA address. As usual he is buying and selling and just be careful when dealing as I and others have had bad experiences with him.

GT > :(

He must have taken a spelling class while he was off of E-bay. I noticed he’s spelling at a 4th grade level now.

Hi Everyone

I thought I would just let you guy's know Headrcboats is back. He is using a different ID again.

Be Warned off 'Gotboats' he is Mark Williamson using a different name but an Oceanside CA address. As usual he is buying and selling and just be careful when dealing as I and others have had bad experiences with him.

GT > :(
Don't forget the rickadena !! as when he pay it comes up a sam willamson but he did pay promptly. was the same oceanside address!

I went into eBay and looked him up. I didn't see anywhere that he is selling anything but he is buying a lot of parts.

GTR,

It was good taliking to you Sunday night. Your right, it is Mark Wialliamson. I looked closely and the seller is in San Diego. Notice he keeps his descriptions brief now.

Yup, the rickanddeana is him as wwell. What a jerk off.

Thanks for the heads up kevin,

Guy just will not go away will he?

Tom

I have not bought any thing from him,

But what is the deal?

Is he buying parts and peicing things together?

Here is my 4th grade spelling

Here's what I'd guess are his other names:

fred-buff

stripper2601

daboats

luyeda

gogo235

fred-buff

catdoc1234

The guy has more accounts than I do boats!

I could be wrong about this, but this past winter I attended a Race at Legg Lake. I do believe Our boy was there. Funny none of the competitors seemed to mind his presence and I can probably shed some light on it for those of you who might be going to the Nats. Big Boy! Doesn`t change my opinion about him but I don`t think you want to make him mad either. Just So Ya Know!

Yeah,

I think your right, I saw a picture of him he looks like a big boy. And I don't think those guys care one bit about ripping people off because he probably wouldn't jack them since he would see them face-to-face.

Yea, this "fred-buff" has been a real pain in the butt with me. Not that I've bought anything from him, but he seems to always bid on the same stuff I do. I wonder if he's jacking up the bids on his own stuff with all those aliases. <_<

He actually does just that. Bids up his own stuff. He even leaves himself POSITIVE FEEDBACK. It's so comical. The bid retractions are my favorite....

hrmm, how can he take your money and not send you anything? isnt ebay the middleman of the trade?

Actually, Ebay will do nothing about a deal gone bad. They basically wash their hands of the deal with red tape and stalling. I personally have had only one scare and that was because the guy would put big ticket items up for sale, then order them from the dealer when the auction was over. I contacted several other bidders he'd done this to and by bombarding ebay with email, put this joker out of business. :p ALWAYS READ THE FEEDBACK!

Well I can say nothing about previous bad deals, but the guy always seems to have a decent feedback rating. You won't always make everyone happy.

I have met Mark and I had my reservations about him becuase of all the BS I had heard. I will just say this, I enjoyed talking to and racing with him in Scottsdale this year.

A few bad deals in the past I understand, but to keep bringing those things up when it seems like he has moved past that and is trying to take care of business is rediculous.

I have no problem reading about how someone was shafted, and I think all should be made aware of negative deals in the past "Buyer Beware" type of caution. But, every time someone brings up his name it seems like the same group starts bashing him again. I don't condone poor ebay practices or someone shafting other people in the RC Boating community, I just wish there would be a SECTION on the message boards where someone can post the name of someone who screwed them in a deal - post the facts and no one else can post comments. Leave this for people to read and make their own decisions if they want to deal with this person or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have dealt with a guy in Houston that purchased one of my SRP Glowbee's - I have sent him several invoices - called etc. - and still can not get paid for the glowbee. I had a problem getting batteries back around the time he ordered this glowbee - and it took me 2-3 extra weeks to get his glowbee out to him. During that time he called me on average of at least once a day. I had informed him that as soon as the batteries come in and I ship his order he will be notified. I now can not get ahold of him, so if anyone has any dealings with HOWARD MIDDLETON - BEWARE!

Jay,

You have a good point. I'm sure we all wish we could stop bashing the guy. I've had enough of it. I actually tried ignoring the guy but he went through that faze with a bunch of bogus names, kept bidding the items I was after up so they were to expensive to buy. After he won the auctions and didn't pay, I get these second chance offers from the sellers. He's done this to a lot of us.

He probably is a nice guy, seems to be knowledgeable of the hobby, he sure has more stuff than anyone but it's his practices and ethics that are in question still.

Exhibit A:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=3190881241

Last edited by a moderator:
I've dealt with Mark once, buying a carb from him. I got it with no trouble but I've seen a lot of people that were shafted by him. Most of his feedback does seem to be from people that he has bought stuff from and yes, I did leave a positive myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back