Whip;ash-Valvola carb settings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Hi ,

Can anyone help me get a starting point for the needles on a .21 cmb valvola (black carb, manual high speed)). It's in a Whiplash . I'm trying 438 and m440 props and an ops 3280 pipe. Any suggestion guys? Thanks Don

Don,

Do you have access to a Boris Mazor flowmeter? If you do, set it for about 90 on the flow. Not a clue on how many turns out on the needle that requires. If you do not have a flowmeter, start it up at idle and gun the throttle. If it picks up immediately, you are too lean. If it stumbles for more and a second or two, you are too rich. A slight stumble is about right for a general baseline.

What pipe length? Should be about 7.75 to 8" to start with.

Not sure about those props. Just make sure they are not too big to load up the engine and not let it get to rpm.

Don,
Do you have access to a Boris Mazor flowmeter? If you do, set it for about 90 on the flow. Not a clue on how many turns out on the needle that requires. If you do not have a flowmeter, start it up at idle and gun the throttle. If it picks up immediately, you are too lean. If it stumbles for more and a second or two, you are too rich. A slight stumble is about right for a general baseline.

What pipe length? Should be about 7.75 to 8" to start with.

Not sure about those props. Just make sure they are not too big to load up the engine and not let it get to rpm.
from what i undestand the prop to ues is a 1440 cupped and backcut, that is the prop to run.

terry

The prop to use on the whiplash sport 20 is the m440 or the new Andy"s 38/57 4 blade.

Dave Roach

Mc -9 is fine or a K-B 1L - 8 inches is a good starting point on the pipe

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the help, Hey Tim, Let me know next time you're at Beamsville, sure could use your help. Don

Thanks everyone for the help, Hey Tim, Let me know next time you're at Beamsville, sure could use your help. Don

I am going to try to go to Thorold on Sunday if the weather holds out , bigger pond more room to work on the twin.

Suppose to rain all weekend , but you never know with the weather guys.

Tim K

Latest posts

Back