RCU's first race of the 2008

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger J. Newton

The 2008 RCU Atomic Cup was held this last weekend. The winner was Scott Myers driving the two Miss Exide. This was Scotts second win in RCU. A very fast field of 30 boats showed up. Several new boats and drivers ran for the first time. For more highlights go to the following- www.Rcunlimiteds.org www.cdenslow.smugmug.com

CZAR

The 2008 RCU Atomic Cup was held this last weekend. The winner was Scott Myers driving the two Miss Exide. This was Scotts second win in RCU. A very fast field of 30 boats showed up. Several new boats and drivers ran for the first time. For more highlights go to the following- www.Rcunlimiteds.org www.cdenslow.smugmug.comCZAR
What boat did you run Czar?

The 2008 RCU Atomic Cup was held this last weekend. The winner was Scott Myers driving the two Miss Exide. This was Scotts second win in RCU. A very fast field of 30 boats showed up. Several new boats and drivers ran for the first time. For more highlights go to the following- www.Rcunlimiteds.org www.cdenslow.smugmug.comCZAR
What boat did you run Czar?
I just finished the U13 Spirit of Detroit. It sure runs good. If I hadnt loaded it up in the mill in one heat I would have made the final. We tested both Friday and Saturday. The only changes we made were the props and needle. It is a Phil Thomas hull with a few Newton mods.

CZAR

It is a Phil Thomas hull with a few Newton mods. CZAR
Ya... Just a "few"... :blink: Don't sell yourself short, Roger... I've stopped becoming alarmed when I drop by and see the carnage that some of your "in-work" hulls look like! They always end up being beautiful boats, so I've stopped being concerned!! B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Geeze- I can’t imagine how the Czar could have overlooked mentioning the great drag race to the finish that put the 69 Notre Dame into third place in the final. What gutsy driving! What a boat ride!

Just saying...

Marc

(Shirley’s sex slave)

140377223_M.jpg

Marc, Dont forget that you only got thrid place because I let Bill beat me in my last heat so you could back door your way into the final... that was a hell of a race for third place I have to admit. I forgot to coach for Gary in the final for awhile, I got too into watching you and Greg fighting for a podium position!

Marc, Dont forget that you only got thrid place because I let Bill beat me in my last heat so you could back door your way into the final... that was a hell of a race for third place I have to admit. I forgot to coach for Gary in the final for awhile, I got too into watching you and Greg fighting for a podium position!

David, did you lose to a girl?

Ouch!

Great to see that Harry has not lost his rapier wit.

Not to make too fine a point of it, a lot of R/CU folks got beat by a girl last weekend. I think that maybe a tech inspection on the Squire Shop is in order. That thing was moving way too fast!

marc

Yes I did get beat by a girl last weekend... I even jumped the gun and still couldnt beat her!

Yes I did get beat by a girl last weekend... I even jumped the gun and still couldnt beat her!
Well, considering I live in CA and the boy spanker (Brenda) lives and races up north with you guys "The Spanked". I think it's safe for me to laugh my azz off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And its only the first race of the season! Have fun guys :)

Wow I got beat by a 10 year old kid but at least I didn't get beat by a girl......at least I was ahead of him for 4 laps though.

Man ,, its one thing to get beat,, then by a kid,, then by jumping the start which means you are already nervous, then by a girl!!!! OUCH..And last name being Brandt,,,its gonna be a long season in the NW....

I wouldn't look at like you got beat by a girl....................... you got beat by a Brandt. It's like Newton............... reputations second to none ;)

See ya, Al Waters

Marc,Nice picture sequence and story.

;)
Keep the stories and pics coming guys. Funny how a West Coast guy builds a MidWest Boat and we build a lot of West Coast Boats. Risleys is just down the street. Mike

And the Notre Dame represented, well, the University of Notre Dame! Your neck of the woods again, Mike! Although I think that the real race team was based in Seattle for a lot of this time, I never thought of them as a Seattle boat per se. Didn’t root for ‘em, didn’t root against ’em. Now, after running this hull for five seasons, it has become a real personal favorite.

Us modelers like any good lookin’ hydro, I suppose, regardless of where it came from. Either that or we favor a scheme that is easy to touch up. Like Lee Robertson says: “The faster they go, the prettier they get.”

How true!

marc

Latest posts

Back