CMB .67 pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscrash

Supporting Member
I just received a CMB .67 pipe that looks similar to the AB67 pipe. What length is a good starting point for a green head CMB .67? Also do you drill the stinger out of the end of the pipe? If so what size?

Thanks,

Chris

I just received a CMB .67 pipe that looks similar to the AB67 pipe. What length is a good starting point for a green head CMB .67? Also do you drill the stinger out of the end of the pipe? If so what size?
Thanks,

Chris
Set that puppy at 11 1/4 and put a .430 stinger in it. You coming to Evansville in May i might have a tooth to pull LOL

Mikey,

Will be seeing you soon. Not sure if I will make the first E'ville race, but am going to try. I could always use the additional practice pulling teeth. I just got a new set of pliers that are just waiting to see some action.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

Mikey,
Will be seeing you soon. Not sure if I will make the first E'ville race, but am going to try. I could always use the additional practice pulling teeth. I just got a new set of pliers that are just waiting to see some action.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris
**** man come on out and play we will find somebody's tooth you can pull!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: I thought you quit the hobbie good to see ya still around.

If you are taliking 11 1/4 Mike, I hope you're measuring from the plug.

Good luck to you all.

Bill

Hi Guys

I've been recomended to use a bigger volume pipe for my 67 CMB so I've got a 90 pipe.

I've also seen a CMB 67/81 pipe is available, but haven't tried it yet.

I've also seen reference toa CMB "fat" pipe for the 67. Is that the same as the CMB 67/81 piepe or something different?

Were you able to get your 67 to run properly using the standard 67 pipe?

Cheers

Bob

Hi GuysI've been recomended to use a bigger volume pipe for my 67 CMB so I've got a 90 pipe.

I've also seen a CMB 67/81 pipe is available, but haven't tried it yet.

I've also seen reference toa CMB "fat" pipe for the 67. Is that the same as the CMB 67/81 piepe or something different?

Were you able to get your 67 to run properly using the standard 67 pipe?

Cheers

Bob
We use the CMD<Brown 67 ab which now cmb is making with great sucess set at 11 1/8-1/4 with the middle stinger size. The real concern is cmb is asking a hefty $$$ for it. I assume your running a green head? Any other might like the fat belly better but shutting it up is a problem. It also comes down to what weight or style of boat your running Mike

Out here, we all seem to prefer using the Muck pipe with a larger sleeve welded on to overlap the header. The CMB seems to love the Muck pipe and the conclusion amongst R/CU racers is that it offers the best combination of low and top end. On a cool raceday, like last weekend, I was making mondo power with it set to 10 5/8 inches from the back of the head, turning a cut 460/3 prop. I could have gone shorter, for more top end, but when I did, the midrange response was starting to go away. I didn’t really touch a plug all weekend long. This is a very happy set up for the CMB.

Good luck!

Marc

Back