Need some opinions on lipos/chargers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1BS

:D What are you guys running? How do you like them? where did you buy them from? Looking for opinions on both packs and chargers.

I'm 100% sure on sizes and "voltage" - just not sure on what manufactures are envogue these days. haha.

I have been buying batteries from Steve at Diversity Model Aircraft for over a decade. He's a stand-up guy and knows his stuff. He was also the one who first called me "Dr. Jet." Tell him I sent you.

http://flydma.com/catalog/

Hyperion chargers are the most capable for the money, my opinion of course.

I've run NeuPower, PolyRC and most recently some of the new Elite 4500's. Performance is very good on all three and reliability has been fantastic. I don't have as many cycles on the Elite (only had them for a few weeks). 30C cells from most of the known/trusted manufacturers will serve well. This is my experience, take it for what it's worth.

The brushless motor I have is a Neupower, looks like those cells are the way to go too. Ive also heard alot of good things about Hyperion charger/balancers.

some of this stuff is getting pricy :lol: hopefully I dont need new batteries every month like the old nicads :rolleyes:

Neu power cells are on the cheaper side i believe.

They would be a good choice.

If you have a Untied hobbies account, Look into buying Poly quest cells as well.

Neu power cells are on the cheaper side i believe....
At $245 for a single 4S/30C/5000mAh I'd not call them 'on the cheaper side' at all. ;)

I use Hyperion chargers and balancers, and ThunderPower packs. Sport running and SAW experience.....I have eight packs, one charger, two balancers. I am completely satisfied after a year's experience with these brands.

I've run NeuPower, PolyRC and most recently some of the new Elite 4500's.
in the real world they are more commonly know as NeuEnergy cells...

Ron
Ron,

You're right, I hope Steve doesn't cut me off for screwing up the brand. Thanks for the helpfull information! I so rarely play in the real word.

1BS,

Any of the mentioned brands will serve you well. Pick your poison and have fun. Best to stay away from the off brand stuff if for no other reason than waranty and support.

Ron,You're right, I hope Steve doesn't cut me off for screwing up the brand. Thanks for the helpfull information!
you managed to back up some passes in LA... i emagine he'll keep ya a bit longer Brian B)

you coming to Valdosta in April?

Ron

Pick your poison and have fun.
To add to this... when you are picking your "poison".... decide on a tap style for the balancing leads and STICK to it! You'll have less jumpers and adapters to have to carry around... I think it's basically PolyQuest Taps or ThunderPower Taps on most of the good cells these days... Find out which ones you have and then stick with them and you'll have an easier time at the lake...

Might want to check out www.cheapbatterypacks.com ... Mike carries several brands, has good prices with excellent support, and is basically a one-stop shopping for cells, chargers, taps, balancers, contacts, etc...

Then HAVE FUN!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been running Flightpower, PolyRC and Thunder power cells but for the price of the Elite 30c cells I may give them a shot next season to see how they perform. Darin is right though, stick with one style tap or you will go crazy.

Back