OPS 3280 pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Dahlheimer

1970s technology is still going strong. With all the latest and greatest .21 pipes that have come on the market since the 3280 pipe, what design factors have made this pipe so good, after all these years Thanks in advance, Richard D

1970s technology is still going strong. With all the latest and greatest .21 pipes that have come on the market since the 3280 pipe, what design factors have made this pipe so good, after all these years Thanks in advance, Richard D
Richard the only other pipe that came close to the performance of the 3280 was the black Novarossi 21 pipe.

You guys aught to think about angles and volume , and not who manufactures a certian pipe . ERNIE

lol

call them as i see them.

the only other pipe that comes close ( and i have yet to try it is the old irwin S pipe )

some day i hope to try one.

but you are right on ernie

chris

lol
call them as i see them.

the only other pipe that comes close ( and i have yet to try it is the old irwin S pipe )

some day i hope to try one.

but you are right on ernie

chris
Chris,

If I sent you a pipe, would you put it head to head with the 3280? I am curious as to your thoughts as I have run both and find this one very similar at longer lengths. If I just had the props to try I think it would end up being quicker.

Send me a PM,

Rick

Boaters,

An old Irwin S-pipe is the best pipe I have had on my 21's in 20 years.

It is not only the angles and volume,but the material hardness that makes

a huge difference. Last time out testing I hit 87 MPH with my Stealth 21

and CMB Greenhead 21 with a S-15 propeller. It was a sight to see and

hear. We are working on some new designs of pipes that may be even better,

but we will not know until they are tested.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no best pipe! There is a best pipe for a certain combination, but not a best pipe for everything.

There are many factors involved. Maybe I should say EVERY factor from the boat to the prop to every aspect of the engine and the fuel along with several other factors play a part in what pipe configuration will work best.

Another thing to think about is the power delivery. Do you want lots of punch off the corner or more top end? Yes, you can effect that difference with pipe length, but if you want the optimum then the pipe must be designed specifically for that purpose.

The OPS pipe is a good all around pipe. It works good on many applications, but it does have limitations.

The old Irwin S pipe was good for riggers and only so-so in monos.

Again, there are endless combinations and the only way to know what is the best pipe for your boat is to try as many pipes as possible.

And remember, don't just stick a pipe on an try it once....you may need to make a change or adjustments in other areas that will make a particular pipe stand out above the others you have tried.

Good boating! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Andy 100%..

i run pipes that work good on my combo's

that other people dont like.. etc..

the hole combo is what makes a fast\good boat stand out

regards Aaron

Back