Jay Halbrehders HTV hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steath assassin

Is this hull any differant than the other tunnels? Anyone have a pic? :ph34r:

Thanks,

Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Derrick,

Halbrehder Tunnel Vee's started in the 1980's and I built tunnels and v-bottoms for sale at that time. Hull retired since 1996 and back in action now. The 45 tunnel Jay (my son) drives is based off the Leecraft that Tommy first built before he changed to the present version. I have since procured the original bottom mold. The present version has some minor changes to the steps, the cowling and aerodynamics are my own. Not a production item anymore and I build for myself and a few friends. I have always given credit to Tommy Lee for basic design, I just have spent more time than anyone tunning this boat. (20+ years) I like Jerry Dunlaps catch phrase the hull is made of unobtainium at this time. Basically I do not want to promise anyone a hull and have them wait till I get around to build it.

Mic Halbrehder

http://namba3.net/Orlando0607.html

Try this link for photo's - Namba Dist3 site Orlando photos. Jays #2 is white and black #4 is Nub Kopisca's

http://namba3.net/ Go to Photo's (Mary Hellwig does a great job)

Does this hull have alot of downforce on the front?
As much as we can without creating drag. Rather use small wings over adding weight but we do both.

MIC I bet all of that frontal down force stuff will change after you get that power trim installed . ERNIE
Ernie,

Ran the boat with trim for the first time yesterday. WOW does it work slick. Acceleration off the corner is better Actually I still want all the downforce I can get as I will fly it higher and faster now as the touch of a button puts it on rails for the turns. Don't have to worry about blowing off the water as much either. Start building more cause this is the way to run loose and still go into corners.

Mic

Back