The Boris Mazor Flow Meter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Well I decided to give one of the electric flow meters that Boris Mazor builds a try. All I can say is the more I use it the more I like it. Super compact, self contained flow meter that uses a 2 motor air pump system as opposed to propane. This unit is proving to be as or more accurate than the the propane based flow meter. At the very least it is easier to read & faster to use, perfect on my twins. I just need to get used to the fact that a lower reading on the gauge is more flow as it's based solely on back pressure, the higher the reading the less flow thru the needle. One thing that is really nice is no stinky propane, you could set the flow on every boat you own in an enclosed area with the worry of blowing yourself up. :p Seriously though, this is a nicely done very well made set up & well worth the price, I'm glad I got one. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to give one of the electric flow meters that Boris Mazor builds a try. All I can say is the more I use it the more I like it. Super compact, self contained flow meter that uses a 2 motor air pump system as opposed to propane. This unit is proving to be as or more accurate than the the propane based flow meter. At the very least it is easier to read & faster to use, perfect on my twins. I just need to get used to the fact that a lower reading on the gauge is more flow as it's based solely on back pressure, the higher the reading the less flow thru the needle. One thing that is really nice is no stinky propane, you could set the flow on every boat you own in an enclosed area with the worry of blowing yourself up. :p Seriously though, this is a nicely done very well made set up & well worth the price, I'm glad I got one. B)
Cost ,pics, ect ect

Had one since the beginning of the season. It's the bee's knee's :p :p Like Don said sold my old propane unit for a song, it was only going to collect dust. Ray B) B)

Great unit ! Glad I made the purchase myself . As a newer Boater it's worth the money .

Great job Boris!

Ed

I have one of the first flow meters that Mr. Boris made. Very good craftmanship and well thought out. I met Mr. Boris

a couple of years ago at one of the Jackson Miss. races. Very nice guy and very interesting to talk to. Boris makes his own boats from wood, his own hardware, and does his own engine work. He lives in the Memphis area and has drove down and made a couple of races here in Baton Rouge in the past. My propane flow meter is still colecting dust since I started using his. Don't have any contact information for Boris in front of me right now but can look it up if anybody needs to contact him.

Later

Jeff Neal

Thanks for admiring my job. I'm happy to help boaters.

I have started a new batch of flow meters. They will be ready for shipping after September 10, 2007.

The price will remind $165.00 with free shipping within USA. I hope rising of postage fee will not rip me off. Boris

I bought one earlier this summer and it works great. Very easy to use and the battery lasts a long time.

Shouls have bought one sooner.

Richie R

Thanks for admiring my job. I'm happy to help boaters.I have started a new batch of flow meters. They will be ready for shipping after September 10, 2007.

The price will remind $165.00 with free shipping within USA. I hope rising of postage fee will not rip me off. Boris
Hey Boris. Can you ship it to Ontario Canada for that price? If yes. I'll take one. is Paypal ok ?

thanks.Nick

Thanks for admiring my job. I'm happy to help boaters.I have started a new batch of flow meters. They will be ready for shipping after September 10, 2007.

Hey Boris. Can you ship it to Ontario Canada for that price? If yes. I'll take one. is Paypal ok ?

thanks.Nick
Hi, Nick! PAYPAL is OK, just add 6% for paypal fees. I don't know ho mach will be shipping to Ontario, but sure less then to Australia. I will ask you to pay difference in shipping cost. Whithin USA it in the range $9-12. Thanks. BorisJush checked. Shiping to Canada $19, so total will be $185.50

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t understand why it is so hard to actually find contact and ordering information for this handy device. You all love yours, but how the heck do I get one?!?!?!

Marc

CHIP SAYS WTF.jpg

Very nice I made this one back in the 90's I always thought that the gas was a waste of $$ and I found this battery operated fish tank air pump bvack then .. I used to set up the 3rd needles with them I would write down all my #'s for various motors and set up as you can see I have not used it in a while

UNI_0073.JPG

UNI_0074.JPG

UNI_0075.JPG

Great product , I love mine . I wish the graduations were finer though as with the needles I have are really fine and it takes some clicks to see a discernible movement . Very nice to use .

Tom that is a bad A$$ boat you got there how fast are you going in that pic ??
Funny you should ask ! I just got passed by a guy in the same model boat ( STV Euro ) except his was 250 lb lighter , had only 5 gals of gas ( I had 28 ) and he had a brand new 280 just off break in !! It was a fun run as I don't race and we were probably going around 90 in that pic my buddy got .

The scales have fallen from my eyes, and now I am just dying to get my greedy little hands on one of these magnificent little machines.

I was granted the extraordinary privilege of using both John Olson’s and David Newtons Mazor Gen III flow meter at the R/CU race last weekend and not only did it totally enlighten me as to where the needle should be (and wasn’t), it uncovered a gasket leak at my needle valve, which had been a problem for a while (since I replaced the gaskets with ‘much better ones’.)

Thing is, I can’t go borrowing such an important strategic tool in a competitive race setting. That taxes a friendship to the max, and I need to keep the Mini Czar and Jammin’ Johnny in good graces. So I am looking to buy one of course, like in the worst way.

Anybody tired of theirs yet? Anyone seen Mr. Mazor lately? (Bless his heart.) I gots to have one!

Best regards,

Marc Connelly

‘82 Atlas Van Lines, R/C Unlimiteds

Back