Question for you (CAT) guys

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2FAST4U

I'm fixing to get ready to order this hull and I only have one problemwith it as you can see from the pic. the tuned pipe sticking out the back of the boat I dont want that... is there any way of geting around that.??

tcat%20ad.JPG

you could use a can muffler system, performance wont be as good but no pipe sticking out.....or you could get a cowl that's made to cover pipes like that, combined with a short pipe. or, of course, you could MAKE a cowl like that! ;D

Joe

Going Gas with it? There are several headers available that can pull the pipe forward (like a Shepards hook) then use a water-cooled pipe that is shorter than a non-cooled pipe. The plus there is that is keeps it cooler under the cowling too.

Thanks for the info guys.... what im trying to get is this.. you can see in the pic. below where the stinger exits in the rear of the boat

hull1.jpg

i think most big cat cowls will extend back to make a sort of canopy over the pipe, so you can still see the pipe from the transom but not from the side. in fact, i think i may know of someone who's got more cowls than they need on thier gasser AM sprintcat, i'll ask him today. i think you're best option would be getting a pipe-cloaking cowl, using one of those "shepard's hook' headers that Ron described [i know BH Hanson has them.....] and also using a relatively short pipe.

Joe

Latest posts

Back