Any good 40 and/or Mono Manufacturers out there?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for a good 40 and/or 60 mono to race at the 2007 NAMBA Nationals. I am looking for someone who has a competitive hull that is in full production that is not Seaducer. No problems with a Seaducer from what I see it is a good boat I just want something different. If there is someone out there that has a hull that is readily available I am interested in assiting with marketing and promotions in much the same way that I do so with CMDi and LeeCraft. (ie. website, photos, paint, ads, sales, wins, records, etc, etc.) Just curious if anyone is interested. A RTR version would also be ideal.

I am looking for a good 40 and/or 60 mono to race at the 2007 NAMBA Nationals. I am looking for someone who has a competitive hull that is in full production that is not Seaducer. No problems with a Seaducer from what I see it is a good boat I just want something different. If there is someone out there that has a hull that is readily available I am interested in assiting with marketing and promotions in much the same way that I do so with CMDi and LeeCraft. (ie. website, photos, paint, ads, sales, wins, records, etc, etc.) Just curious if anyone is interested. A RTR version would also be ideal.
Roger I'm not a mono guy but I've seen a couple rather stout running Aeromarine Titan 40 boats, you might want to give Remy a call. No production issues there. B)

Lenny Blake at Rum Runner Racing makes the Calcraft monos. In the right hands with a good engine they are every bit as fast as a Seducer.

Lohring Miller

Roger I'm not a mono guy but I've seen a couple rather stout running Aeromarine Titan 40 boats, you might want to give Remy a call. No production issues there. B)
Yah... that is what I am running now. I won the first one in a raffle and I won two national championships with it (Scorpion Mono). Then I offered to promote the boats for them and the guy (I think his name is Troy) told me that they did not do that kind of thing. It took a mutual friend to convince them. I hold the NAMBA Heat Racing Record and have won 3 national championships with Aeromarine hulls. 2 with the Aeromarine Scorpion and 1 with the Titan. It's just that they don't seem to be too interested in that. When I told them that I made one way passes that broke the NAMBA 40 and 60 (mono and deep vee) and 90 deep vee they didn't even respond. ... maybe nitro isn't there big market I don't know... or perhaps they are happy with all the website, advertising and promotion that they already have... so maybe there is someone out there who would be more interested... I don't know... just inquiring...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah... that is what I am running now. I won the first one in a raffle and they gave me the second one. I hold the NAMBA Heat Racing Record and have won 3 national championships with Aeromarine hulls. 2 with the Aeromarine Scorpion and 1 with the Titan. It's just that they don't seem to be too interested in that. When I told them that I made one way passes that broke the NAMBA 40 and 60 (mono and deep vee) and 90 deep vee they didn't even respond. ... maybe nitro isn't there big market I don't know... or perhaps they are happy with all the website, advertising and promotion that they already have... so maybe there is someone out there who would be more interested... I don't know... just inquiring...
What do you mean they didn't respond, to what an e-mail? I'd call & talk to Remy directly - 302-628-3944.

Anything you don't like about the Speedmaster 40 mono?

I've got 3 of 'em in the 40 size. From what I've seen, it's one of the nicest 40 boats out there!

Ask Joe Knesek
av-576.jpg
what he thinks of them.

I don't own a Calcraft, but those I've seen running, also work very well.

Duane

Yah... that is what I am running now. I won the first one in a raffle and they gave me the second one. I hold the NAMBA Heat Racing Record and have won 3 national championships with Aeromarine hulls. 2 with the Aeromarine Scorpion and 1 with the Titan. It's just that they don't seem to be too interested in that. When I told them that I made one way passes that broke the NAMBA 40 and 60 (mono and deep vee) and 90 deep vee they didn't even respond. ... maybe nitro isn't there big market I don't know... or perhaps they are happy with all the website, advertising and promotion that they already have... so maybe there is someone out there who would be more interested... I don't know... just inquiring...
What do you mean they didn't respond, to what an e-mail? I'd call & talk to Remy directly - 302-628-3944.
What? I thought email was the preferred method of communication for those under 40? LOL! ... Oh! maybe that is a bit skewed here in the Silicon Valley. LOL! I did call too... I think I talked to a guy name Troy. He told me that they did not do that kind of thing.

well i just got a FREE(sponsored) hull from Remey JR at the Wrams show in weschester last month, i told him i plan to race it with an ops supermarine 21(the blue head beast of a motor) and he sent me the boat as promised and gave me set up tips on the hull. all this after i told him that the motor was a gem and very close in timming numbers to the Novarossi and he told me to keep him up to date on my progress. that seemed like he was interested. i talked with Remey vs talking with Troy. remey is the owner troy works there, that might be a difference there.

well i just got a FREE(sponsored) hull from Remey JR at the Wrams show in weschester last month, i told him i plan to race it with an ops supermarine 21(the blue head beast of a motor) and he sent me the boat as promised and gave me set up tips on the hull. all this after i told him that the motor was a gem and very close in timming numbers to the Novarossi and he told me to keep him up to date on my progress. that seemed like he was interested. i talked with Remey vs talking with Troy. remey is the owner troy works there, that might be a difference there.
I see. I will give it another shot. Thanks.

Hey Leighton J&J will still kick your butt with our Speedmaster NR powered hulls,why do you think Steve runs Speedmaster??? Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!! Bring it on

Guess I have been locked in the house to long. Wait till you see what we are building now. Jerry

Hey Leighton J&J will still kick your butt with our Speedmaster NR powered hulls,why do you think Steve runs Speedmaster??? Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!! Bring it on
Guess I have been locked in the house to long. Wait till you see what we are building now. Jerry
What do speed masters look like? I don't think anyone runs those in our district however, I have heard word or two of some good running ones out there.

BTW - Who are you? and who is Steve?

I have a few photos of my Speedmasters in my gallary. I've ran them for years but this year I'm running a Delta Force 60 mono.

I have a few photos of my Speedmasters in my gallary. I've ran them for years but this year I'm running a Delta Force 60 mono.
I have only seen the Speedmaster 20 boat. Is there a 40 or 60? Who make the Delta Force. Looks like Seaducer copy. I wouldn't do that to Jerry. If I were going to run that design. I would just pay him for it not someone else. I do like the deck better though.

I have only seen the Speedmaster 20 boat. Is there a 40 or 60? Who make the Delta Force. Looks like Seaducer copy. I wouldn't do that to Jerry. If I were going to run that design. I would just pay him for it not someone else. I do like the deck better though.
It doesn't look like a Seaducer any more than a Seaducer looks like a Sightler. It's actually closer to a Speedmaster.

I have been running a Speedmaster 40 and love it and just built a Delta Force LSG boat and it is the best deck design in my opinion. Both boats have nice areo packages and that is what you need when the hull is no longer in the water. It is very difficult to upset either hull at speed with proper setup. Not that I am any RC boat guru, but as an engineer I see a lot of merit in the deck design mated with a proven hull.

Since you are looking for something different and are on the west coast, there is a guy that has the Twincraft hulls in production out there but i haven't heard anything about them since he bought out the boat line. The boats are really good runners in rough chop and offshore courses.

Roger

You have to remember when you say B mono, an IMPBA guy thinks 20 mono. Duh. See ya in a couple of months.

Mike

I have both a 20 and a 40 mono from Microburst. Great hulls that peform well and look great. I got both of them second hand and have no idea how to get ahold of the guys who lay them up but if you could you would have a winner.

Hi Roger

Try a Sidewinder from Ken Retallick. www.retallickeng.com.au

Very fast boats, I had a drive of one late last year, 3 inch waves in one race, I was ¾ throttle and the seducers were all under ½ and still went under and over. They don’t hook in the corners, and it handled every thing I asked it to. Have a look, you won’t look back

Back