ops 45 inboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ww29

how good are they.are they reliable and do they need to be modified to race with macs

how good are they.are they reliable and do they need to be modified to race with macs
I run a Rod G. ops in my Speedmaster mono and it runs with any 40 I have seen. This is the first time I have used the drum version so I can't speak for reliability across the long haul, but it hasn't spit any parts for a season and that is good for me. I favor the parts availability currently of the ops vs. other brands.

I had one that I picked up from a LHS that had set on their shelf for years and got it dirt cheap. I never ran it but Randy Rapedius bought it from me. The carb wasn't set up for a third channel on that one. That actually was the one part that I didn't like on the engine, the reason why I didn't use it. To me the bore of the barrel was so large that it appeared that it wouldn't close fully. Randy ran a lot of OPS .45's and they seemed to run well for him.

Im running one in my Dumas Atlas van lines , with a Salisbury power pipe @240mm , gotta say im surprised at how well it goes , keeps up with riggers in a straight line(the old girl does not corner too well ) sounds like its gonna grenade at anytime its reving that hard , but its still going strong and no third channel :lol:

id definately buy another

Andrew

OPS do have 3rd channel needles available for both drum and slide carby's as an accessory.

They are very good and positive and like other brands just keep new o'rings in your tool box

as the oil does get to them.

Brian

Checked with Aeromarine today and they only have the 3rd channel adaptor for the 90 size. If you know who else might carry them, please let me know. I have a sport 40 and a scale with OPS engines and would like to use a direct setup instead of a remote.

Does anyone know if there are any other mfg's carbs that can be used

without machining the neck diameter?...OS, older Picco, etc.

Preferably a carb with a bore of around .375 ~ .390" ??

aeromarine should have a carb that size to fit the 45 engine and i'm not sure but, i think rod gerathy sell acarb for it too. and the k&b carb will fit too.

Last edited by a moderator:
What carb are you using? If you are using the drum carb the 90 3rd channel unit (OP99500) will fit on just remove the

standard spray bar and replace it with the 3rd channel unit. The slide carb unit (OP79100) is a different fitting it fits on

the existing spray bar. Both work extremely well when set up i have been using them for over 20 years.

Brian

Checked with Aeromarine today and they only have the 3rd channel adaptor for the 90 size. If you know who else might carry them, please let me know. I have a sport 40 and a scale with OPS engines and would like to use a direct setup instead of a remote.
Sport Hydro or ww29 , Is this what your looking for. Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Back