Whiplash build pictures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Hey fellas, well I was bummed that I didnt get my whiplash when i got home, came into the computer to check intl waters, and the door buzzer goes off. I answer it "Yes"....."Hello, its UPS" Im thinking ****, I didnt have anything shipped ups (was supposed to be coming usps) so went down stairs, signed for the package and noticed it was from blazer marine! SWEET, its my whiplash kit! Well to say the least, I couldnt wait to get started on it, so here are pics of where it is at right now. This is the nicest fitting, easiest assembling kit I have EVER seen! Great job Brian and family on this one bro! Below are the pics of the frame work, now ready for spruce strips, then epoxy and sheeting!

meeeeee%20015.jpg

meeeeee%20016.jpg

meeeeee%20017.jpg

meeeeee%20018.jpg

meeeeee%20019.jpg

sure looks fast all naked hope you can keep upmarty
Rodney, looks like you have a good start, to your new project. Yep, boats, and boat parts packages still make my day after all these years. Just an added benefit to our great hobby. Which OS are you going to use, in your Whiplash? Richard D

Beautiful kit! Please keep posting pics as you go; I'll be starting on one myself in a month or so.

Duane

Rodney, looks like you have a good start, to your new project. Yep, boats, and boat parts packages still make my day after all these years. Just an added benefit to our great hobby. Which OS are you going to use, in your Whiplash? Richard D
Yep, sure does make the day eh? I was thinking of just buying the OS .21 RG-M. It is like 135.00 from tower, and im looking for a budget minded motor. I dont have cash to put a 350.00 novarossi or mac or cmb in it, so the OS is about my only other option for a budjet motor I do belive? Anyhow, fill me in if there are others in this catagory, with likewise or better performance! Thanks guys, Rodney

Yep, sure does make the day eh? I was thinking of just buying the OS .21 RG-M. It is like 135.00 from tower, and im looking for a budget minded motor. I dont have cash to put a 350.00 novarossi or mac or cmb in it, so the OS is about my only other option for a budjet motor I do belive? Anyhow, fill me in if there are others in this catagory, with likewise or better performance! Thanks guys, Rodney
After seeing how nice it looks i just had to get one ordered hope to be running it this spring in the series.....Mikey

OPS makes one that looks like it costs a bit more, but comes with the pipe, so it ends up about the same price. You can see the prices at the Aeromarine web site.

looks good!!! i built one of brians sport 40's. great craftsmanship and design work by brian. goes together just like it should.

jon

Here was the progress tonight guys, didnt work on it as long as I did last nite. I put the spruce strips in tonight, and got the bottom sheeting on, with one piece on each side of the sponson sheeting. Enjoy fellas:

whiplash%20build%20day%202%20001.jpg

whiplash%20build%20day%202%20002.jpg

whiplash%20build%20day%202%20003.jpg

whiplash%20build%20day%202%20004.jpg

whiplash%20build%20day%202%20005.jpg

Rodney seems like a waste to install a sport motor in a race hull.Im sure by the time your ready to install a engine you will find a better engine.Theres alot of used engines out there im sure someone will step up with a great deal for you.Looks great so far.

hey rodney

that will be fun this summer qd powered gas whip against the 20 nitro lol just kidding get ahold of me when u go to martys to build tom kennedy 319 . 378 . 3179

Rodney,

When you get her done give me a shout, I may have a motor option for you.

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

sure thing marty, just got done taking pics. Here she is fellas, went over to marty's yesterday and finished sheeting the sponsons, and geting the nose put together the way it shoudl be. Also added the hardwood blocks on the sides there, and finish epoxied the entire inside of the boat. Coming along, now get the hardware, and it will be ready for the top sheeting!

IM000091.JPG

IM000092.JPG

IM000093.JPG

IM000094.JPG

IM000095.JPG

IM000096.JPG

IM000097.JPG

Looks good. What type of epoxy did you use? It looks a little thick. The nose blocks should have been put on after the top deck is put on. You can probably make it work though.

Good job.

Brian

Looks good. What type of epoxy did you use? It looks a little thick. The nose blocks should have been put on after the top deck is put on. You can probably make it work though.
Good job.

Brian
Its made by hangar, I think it looks so thick because it is finish epoxy, and I think the shine makes it looke thicker then it really is. I did apply it abit heavier around the joints, but its not very heavy in the rest of it. Also, I figured I would overlap the top sheeting onto the nose blocks, then sand it down to a smooth transition, I dont see why this wont work? Brian, is there a reason for the particular sequence. I read through the instructions, and didnt see anywhere that it told me when to put them on, so I wasnt sure. Perhaps I just overlooked it. Anyhow, I will make it work regardless. I know I know, let me hear it for not using west systems :lol:

Latest posts

Back