official 100mph record in the UK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom v.d Brink

Two weeks ago a mile stone has been set in the UK at the 2006 UK saw meeting in burton on trent

after a few years beeing very close with my .45 rigger (old record at 99,66mph and single passes above 100mph not good enough for a record)

i finally managed to get my act together

On the sunday we had about an hour of clear flat water and i made my boat work hard.

a good back to back pass averaged in a 103,57mph record which is the first record in the UK over 100mph

after a refuel and a quick mod to the cooling system i did a 101andabit back to back. i am still having trouble with the

engine heat management and the last run gave me some clues of what works. unfortunatly after a few others

ran the wind picked up again and i was unable to continue for that weekend.

but still i am over the moon with my new record and very very proud of beeing the first in the UK to achieve the special figures of 100mph.

a big thanks to all those who inspired me, gave me advice and provided me with the chance to get this result

here i am with a big smirk on my face during packing up the record holding boat

normal_tom103.JPG

Way to go! Thats no walk in the park. Keep up the good work!

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom

Glad you got the right conditions. I know with record trials the window of opportunity can be very small.

Congrats!!!

Mike

Tom,

Great Job! Did you use a 2160 or a 2170? Or a Prop Shop Propeller?

Looks like John's 21 boat.

Mark Sholund

Tom

Many congratulations and a big result. :D :D :D

Now they here on the forum:

you aint much if you aint dutch LOL <_<

Ronald.

CONGRATULATIONS TOM :)

I know first hand how much hard work & time it takes to do this, again a big CONGRATS!!!!!

Don ;)

thank you all for the congratulations.

yes it is not easy to get this speed and takes a lot of work and in my case a lot of waiting to

when you consider we only have ONE official saw event(with a measured course) in a year

the waiting is a killer.

mark yes it was a 2160 that i used this time if you have any good ideas for a next step prop please give me a call or p/m please as i am always up for the next step :D

Tom

Congrats Tom! As previously mentioned by others it ain't as easy as it looks but sure feels good when you get there. :)

Now the bad part is once you've been there you want to push it even higher! :p

Nice to see that more people are able to be beyond their limits...my sincere congrats for your personal efforts too.

We are about to start our saw trials in two weeks and guess we will have hard work ahead with the new boat!

Gill

Latest posts

Back