help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I put a TZ.12 in the Vegas hull I got. Put it in and with only a few little issues I thought the boat was ready to start.

I tried to prime the engine and couldn't get the motor to spray mist from the plug hole. I took the carb line off and blow through the pressure line, it was flowing. I got some fuel in the carb abd started it and it would only idle at wide open. I place my finger over the carb to try and prime again... No suction at the carb. The engine was turning in the correct direction,.. I just put the motor back together and everything seemed fine. Very good actually..

What in the world could it be?

Were you careful to put the disk or drum in correctly with the crankshaft pin? Is the piston sleeve rotated any?

You nailed 10. I took the egine apart and I found the sleeve rotated about 30 deg. There is an alignment pin but the shims I have under the sleeve raise it about the pin. I think I pushed the pin down at some point. I put it back in and started it up. It's working fine now... Never had that happen,,,, Man was I stumped...

Back