Miss Vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

hey guys, just bought my first Hydro. It would be run in the sport 20 class. I will only be running this as a fun boat, not planning on racing it, but I still need to squeeze all I can out of the stock motor :D I know grimracer and Russ have one, along with JD but whoelse? What have yah done to it? i know there is a thread on another site, but this one is just so much better!

hey guys, just bought my first Hydro. It would be run in the sport 20 class. I will only be running this as a fun boat, not planning on racing it, but I still need to squeeze all I can out of the stock motor :D I know grimracer and Russ have one, along with JD but whoelse? What have yah done to it? i know there is a thread on another site, but this one is just so much better!

I would check out www.twistedliquidracing.com

His products are top notch and believe me he knows how to make these things fly.

I would get hold of Jerry Crowther of Seaducer boats he whipped everyone in the exhibition series held at both the IMPBA Internats and Namba's Nationals. He changed the prop, pipe length, and nitro content of the fuel. He had his Miss Vegas running very well.

I would get hold of Jerry Crowther of Seaducer boats he whipped everyone in the exhibition series held at both the IMPBA Internats and Namba's Nationals. He changed the prop, pipe length, and nitro content of the fuel. He had his Miss Vegas running very well.
Awesoem guys! I have checked out TWISTEDLIQUIDRACING.COM and they have some nice stuff. I bought the grimracer turn fin instead, and am goign to just keep the stock collet and shaft. I will run a Y535 metal prop, and did order a macs pipe for it, but I dont think it was the right one, I got the 3.5 pipe, which was for .19 and up abit, and the motor is a .18. I also know that Mike Z has one with the Aquacraft 18 in it I believe, and his is running mid 40's if im not mistaken. Thanks guys, Rodney

His products are top notch and believe me he knows how to make these things fly.
Top notch? More like top dollar! A $20 shaft coupler that costs $30 at his site? A rudder that costs $65? Is it gold plated or what? How's his racing record compared to Mike Z, Jerry Dunlap or Jerry Crowther? How's the track record of his expen$ive parts compared to someone like Speedmaster? Want fast, talk to the people who have been winning races for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top notch? More like top dollar! A $20 shaft coupler that costs $30 at his site? A rudder that costs $65? Is it gold plated or what? How's his racing record compared to Mike Z, Jerry Dunlap or Jerry Crowther? Want fast, talk to the people who have been winning races for years.
I did notice he was abit overpriced also but it does cost money.... and its true, Grim, Jerry D and Jerry C do have alot of races won under there belts.

Here is some tips that are free, sand the bottom of the boat with a block and some 600 grit wet/dry paper, remove the head shim, open up the cowling intake a little, sharpen the bottom of the rudder, elongate the hole on the rudder blade so you can tilt the rudder forward a little, i would also come up with a way to make the rudder and turn fin kick back when they hit a object. I didn't, now I'm waiting on a rudder and bracket. I bought mine in June and it has been a lot of fun. I just wish i could have more time on the water. I would have bought another one today, but the LHS didn't have one and i need to put all my $ in to my 1/8 scale.

Have fun

Tom

that site is terribly overpriced for average products,.. Just my opinion...
I do agree my friend! Are some to good for this boat, or just not replyign cause it is a rtr?
I've written a whole book on the Vegas on "that other website." I'm too **** old to write all that stuff again. ;)

JD

Jerry, I did just read through the entire thing, took me yesterday and this morning to do it, so i have read all your comments. I just figured we would see if anyone here had anythign more to add yah know? if it doesnt turn out, then Tom can delete it. There is just too many other clowns on that "other site"

PS: Check will go out first thing Tuesday.

On the vegas .18 , Kelly miller has from what Ive seen and read the fastest "stock/mod" vegas around and its getting faster what I mean by stock/mod it he has no after market parts on it except an actual tuned pipe everything else he has worked over himself...Im my opinion the stock rudder is not bad just need to eather make it a break-away or add a bolt to it to take the slop out of it, strut needs slotted so it can be raised up higher 2or 3 blade octura 435 or 535 prop the turn fin needs rolled in and the bottom of the hull needs blocked oh and the wing needs to go its just added weight there are other tweaks to do but you have already been there and read them by now....My vegas is also all stock/mod except the coupler and one more thing I did to mine was get rid of that cheap clear line and replaced it with good fuel line... Remember the speed of the vegas is all there with out buying extras you just have to be willing to do a little work...

Here is a checklist format .print it and check it off if you like.

I am a rank newbie and have learned this from the guys here that have either built or raced for years.

Thanks guys

In no particular order

1-sharpen the rudder and polish it

2-sharpen the strut and polish it.

3-block the bottom.

4-cut the vent holes open.

5-remove the styofoam in the turbine exhaust but leave enough in the canopy to float it.

6-cut the rear of the canopy so the air can escape

7-Make header cooling coil as described on the other forum.

8-clearance the front top of the rudder blade so it can be tucked in under the boat a couple degrees.

9-I added flotation behind the radio box which keeps me drier when I stall.Drier=less water in the carb.

10-many have added a snorkel to the carb I have not.

11-coat the bottom on the enside of the boat with epoxy as Russ suggest in the other thread.BIG HELP

12 make sure when you tighten the fex shaft couplers the nut does not "bottom"out and there are threads showing between the 15mm and the 12mm compresion fitting or you may loose your shaft and all that is on it.We have found that the shafts will go all the way through the coupler and hit the end of the crank

This is fine ,but when you tighten the coupler you MUST HAVE THREADS SHOWING..

13 metal y535 prop sharpened and balanced.

Over all great little boat for the $$ we will have three running on our pond in a week from today and the word is there will be 5 next spring :D

I have seen no diference in performance when we experimented with our vegas with or without the spoiler.

We run the same against each other with one With and one wihout and then we try it the other guy with and me without and they are too close to tell with the naked eye.But a radar gut would tell.

They look better with I think :p

I am interested to see what sloting the strut more so it can be raised farther will do.

How close can the c/l of the strut actually be to the bottom of the boat.and what does this do increase rpm/speed.

Does it cavitate much it must??

Terry

got the miss vegas today, and off it goes back to tower. the boat wasnt as described, nor even the right boat. someone put the wrong boat in the box. tower once again was very professional about it. and that is awesome!

O man.. dude.. thats a bummer.. not cool.. Glad Tower is taken care of it..

Sorry about that man.. shoot

You know you could take every one out of the box and from time to time goofy stuff slips through..

ROCK ON

Grimracer

O man.. dude.. thats a bummer.. not cool.. Glad Tower is taken care of it..

Sorry about that man.. shoot

You know you could take every one out of the box and from time to time goofy stuff slips through..

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Theyw ere very very nice about it. I figured they would be, i spend a little bit of money there :D Gonna buy another one as soon as this one gets returned and the money gets transfered back, then will order another. Grim, I sent yah an e-mail a few weeks ago, might have went to spam bro!

also, it was Miss Vegas, wasnt anything to do with being the wrong boat entirelly, just not the right boat that was supposed to be in the box. Itwas a scratch and dent, and it wasnt the right boat that was supposed to be in the box, it was a totally different color boat, not even close to matching the description they gave, but they took care of it asap, this is what makes Tower top notch place in my opinion!

Kelly Miller was talking about a Vegas race next spring. That would be awesome. All the vegas owners converging in Kansas.

SAM_AND_DAD.jpg"Heartland Vegas Invitational"

Stock Vegas (aqua.18)

Modified Vegas\pro boat (any .18 and pipe)

Unlimited Vegas\pro boat (If you can stuff it in it its legal)

Stock pro boat .15

RTR Electrics

All boats to be origionally Built as a RTR

These are just some of the classes we have in mind.

I think it will be a great event and all the people I have seen talk about how much fun they have had running these boats , many of which these have been the first remote control boat they have run, the thrill of racing is a adrenaline rush that you have to experince, not to mention the friendships you make and the people you meet from all over. The enthusiasm I see is incredible.

Am looking for any suggestions of classes and am trying to get a firm date, all I can say is targeting spring of 2007.

I wanted to promote the race early because I think a lot of participants would be a first time racer.

Piper, the red slippers are optional, but if you are most comfortable driving your boat in them we understand....HA LOL sorry I could not resist

Now starts the Kansas\Wizard of Oz jokes

Kelly Miller

Sam Miller Racing

Latest posts

Back