need motor help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_hedlund

Hello

I'm trying to start my rebuilt .67 gold CMB, When i add fuel to the the fuel tank it just drips out the the front of the carb. I set the needle at 2 turns out. here is a picture of the carb My galleyI'm not sure what type of carb. Also what plug should i be using.

Thanks for any information.

Hello

I'm trying to start my rebuilt .67 gold CMB, When i add fuel to the the fuel tank it just drips out the the front of the carb. I set the needle at 2 turns out. here is a picture of the carb My galleyI'm not sure what type of carb. Also what plug should i be using.

Thanks for any information.

Is your fuel tank level higher than that of the carb? Gravity is ever present as well as Murphy.

The engine's carb isnt the problem. First off never add fuel while the line to the carb is connected. use this carb line to fill the tank and disconnect the vent line for if you overfill. If you fill it in through the vent line, it forces the air/fuel that is in the tank out the carb line. While your filling it needs a vent, and the way your filling, it is using your carb as a vent and sice your fuel pickup line is at the bottom of your tank, it is the fule that is being pushed out of the line into your carb. Your engine and carb is fine ;) Fill it in through the carb line and see what happens, I think this will do the trick. B) McCoy MC9's are a safe bet, also K&B Hp's

Larry Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back