Insatlling the windsheild ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

Got all of the holes cut out.Personaly,I didnt think that Scribed windsheild On my boat were close enough so I kind of went my own way.

So whats the best way to mount the clear windsheild ??

Dennis Whitt said:
Got all of the holes cut out.Personaly,I didnt think that Scribed windsheild On my boat were close enough so I kind of went my own way.So whats the best way to mount the clear windsheild ??

108338[/snapback]

When I was flying airplanes we used a glue for mounting canopies called RC56. It is a white glue that dries clear but remains flexible. If it stands up to a plane travelling 140mph it should work for a windshield. Greg Roth :)

GRoth265 said:
Dennis Whitt said:
Got all of the holes cut out.Personaly,I didnt think that Scribed windsheild On my boat were close enough so I kind of went my own way.So whats the best way to mount the clear windsheild ??

108338[/snapback]

When I was flying airplanes we used a glue for mounting canopies called RC56. It is a white glue that dries clear but remains flexible. If it stands up to a plane travelling 140mph it should work for a windshield. Greg Roth :)

108352[/snapback]

Is It water proof ?

Dennis Whitt said:
Personaly,I didnt think that Scribed windsheild On my boat were close enough so I kind of went my own way.
108338[/snapback]

I noticed that too. At least for the Oberto it seems that the windshield needs to come up and back just a bit.

I was planning to use plumbers goop to mount mine.

Last edited:
The RC56 is really nice. It is like Elmer's glue. You can wipe up mistakes with a wet towel and it dries clear. So far it has had excellent adhesion to wood and Monokote. I can't say if it's waterproof. I will check the bottle and see if it has a listed phone number and you can call the manufaturer.

I've been useing E 6000 sylicone..I get it at my Local Auto Paint store..Comes in Clear , Black or White ...It fuel proof too.

Yes it is waterproof (rc56) I use it to mount plastic to wood and it also seems to be pretty fuel proof. It is a product that I buy at my local hobby shop. 1 bottle lasts forever. Greg B)

1/10 TFH said:
Dennis Whitt said:
Personaly,I didnt think that Scribed windsheild On my boat were close enough so I kind of went my own way.
108338[/snapback]

I noticed that too. At least for the Oberto it seems that the windshield needs to come up and back just a bit.

I was planning to use plumbers goop to mount mine.

108388[/snapback]

Those marks are for the Bud, taken off the plan sheet. You should go by the plan sheet or pictures to get the others correct. glad to see you are paying attention to the details..

I have used shoe goo to fasten the clear windshields into the canopies.

PHIL T

Latest posts

Back