sponson modifcation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon White

Supporting Member
I've blue printed my Miss Vegas boat but took the edge off the back sponson. I've seen and was told to put wood on the bottom of them. If so what kind of wood?? I used Sheet Styrene as a overnight fix, race that morning. Just wanted some input on whats the best why to modify the sposons??

Last edited by a moderator:
The styrene would be fine as long as the edge is sharp. That is really what you are trying to do. This helps the water to break loose of the sponson and not cause it to pull the sponson down further into the water. It has to do with the Bernoulli affect. I run lexan sheet on my sport 20,40,60 boats. Basically the action of water running on a round part of the boat (sponson) will draw it into the flow of the water. Try taking a spoon and hang it from your fingers lightly from the handle. Turn on you faucet and place the round part of the spoon in the stream of water and see what happens.

Mike

Bandit heres two threads that has pics of what jerry dunlap did on his vegas!! alot of the vegas guys are doing theres like his!!!This is posted from RCU. click to undefine.....undefined

Last edited by a moderator:
Back