• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD- 80/90 Crapshooter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
For Sale- 80/90 Crapshooter- I just purchased this from John Knight at the Internats a couple weeks ago with the intent of completely stripping/refinishing it to use for breaking in motors and possibly running in local races. Well after coming home and looking around the shop at the three 1/8 scale boats that need to be finished plus all the stuff I broke or blew up at the Nats I've come to my senses and realized there is no way I'll have enough time to make it look like I want and finish the other stuff ahead of it as well. John told me it is one of only 4 that Stu built in this size and was originally Ron Van Wagnen's boat (I think they were referred to as a Sprint 90?) John told me he ran it with a 67, 84 and 91, it is currently set up for an 80/84. The boat will be sold just as I received it with 3 cowls and 2 extra sets of front sponsons, tank, and running hardware. The boat is mechanically sound and I watched John run it at the Nats but it needs to be refinished. Granted there are some who would run it as is but anyone who knows me will know I'm not one of those people. John made me a good deal on it for $700 and I will offer it for the same amount plus cost of packing, shipping and insurance. Please respond only to this thread if you are interested.

SOLD to Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
i had one of them boats as well.. real real strong with a 80 motor. had a 67 in mine at one time but a little big for it.

who ever buys it won't be disapointed.. good f-hydro boat for sure

chris

I just sent Brett a text.Don you think you can give him till 730 am to respond about you deal?

Id say its a 2000 era boat,but the quality of these machines makes them last forever. Just the fact there is 3 sets of sponsons makes this a no brainer even at a grand.

Id say its a 2000 era boat,but the quality of these machines makes them last forever. Just the fact there is 3 sets of sponsons makes this a no brainer even at a grand.

The best I could determine is that the boat is a 2000 year boat. It could be +/- 1 year but I believe that 2000 is correct. Mike is absolutely correct too. A set of front sponsons are about $300. I ran this boat with a 67, 84 and a 91HR and ran well with all of them. My preference was a 67, even being slightly heavier than a 60/80 boat, it handled the chop exceptionally well and stayed glued to the water. The 91 made it exceptionally fast but became very light running against twins.

I just hit it out of the PARK!!!!

In other words SOLD, I'll take it. TEE HEEE HEEEE. I was fInally in time for a deal............

Don, Send me a PM with the total and how you would prefer payment. Is anyone from your club coming to Huntsville this weekend? BTW, I was in Poquoson last weekend at my Brother's house. Drove right past Mechanicsville on I-64.....if only I had known........LOL

John, I had planned on running it with an 84 sinice I already have a hybrid SGX E hydro that I'm working on. Also have a twin 84 SGX hybrid as well. I thought that I would run it my one of my MAC 84 in either F hydro of single F hydro. I could perhaps look at installing a 91VAC, or perhaps sleeve up one of my 84's. It appears that there are 2 different types of sponson designs included. can you elaborate?

Last edited by a moderator:

In other words SOLD, I'll take it. TEE HEEE HEEEE. I was fInally in time for a deal............

Don, Send me a PM with the total and how you would prefer payment. Is anyone from your club coming to Huntsville this weekend? BTW, I was in Poquoson last weekend at my Brother's house. Drove right past Mechanicsville on I-64.....if only I had known........LOL

John, I had planned on running it with an 84 sinice I already have a hybrid SGX E hydro that I'm working on. Also have a twin 84 SGX hybrid as well. I thought that I would run it my one of my MAC 84 in either F hydro of single F hydro. I could perhaps look at installing a 91VAC, or perhaps sleeve up one of my 84's. It appears that there are 2 different types of sponson designs included. can you elaborate?

The orange sponsons (2 sets) are the newer 5 sided versions. The yellow pair is the older 4 sided style. Both work well but the newer ones are faster. The 84 will work quite well in the boat and I ran it that way for a while. Do not use any rear boom shims, they are not needed with this boat. The turn fin is one of Stu's personal fins. With an 84, you will need the Tidewater cowl, the 2 Crapshooters cowls do not enough clearance for the angled carb. It is one of the fastest boats I have ever owned. Have fun with it.

I am going to run only 20 & 40's in the future. I am tired of getting worn out at the races and am dropping the 60 & 90 classes and have a bunch of engines, pipes, props and big block gear to unload soon. I can save a bunch of fuel too. Need less workload at the races and get more fun into them.

Jon, I was lucky to pick up a 45 shooter from the mid 90's. Ran it for 3 seasons, was actually to fast for this old goat. now Kevin Sheren has it. I'm sure he'll enjoy it as much as I did. B)

Latest posts

Back