RC Boats Article for Future Modelers - More Help for the Hobby

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Cruz

Hi guys,

Somewhere on here I read something about doing things to help the hobby grow. I'm going to try and do my part.

I run a successful boating and sailing website and blog, FloatWays.com - It's mostly dedicated to full scale boats and sailboats. However, being a fan of RC boats, a while back I wrote a small piece on RC sailboats. Now, I'm looking to publish an article about powered RC boats. It's obvious the first people that are going to be interested in RC boating are boaters themselves.

It's a slightly general article aimed at the people who don't know much about the hobby. Plus, it kind of helps show that these boats are not toys, but serious machines for serious adults.

I'm looking to publish it this week. I have some friends on here looking it over.

The only thing I'm missing is pictures. So I'm coming to you.

If you have a cool picture that you're happy I use on the site, please let me know. You can send it to me directly to this email: float ( at ) floatways.com

The only requirements are:

• The photo must be at least 800px wide / tall or bigger - Hi res is fine too.
  • You must write a small note in the email allowing me to use the photo. Something like this: "My name is Tony. You can use the photo of my green Vision tunnel."

The site is monetized, so I don't want any problems. That's why I'm asking for the small permission note.

Thanks. If you have any questions, please PM me.

-Danny

PS... Julian! I'd like a photo of one of your twin boats! :) Let me know man.

EDIT: Dec 18, 2011 - The article is now online! Check it out here: FloatWays RC Boats Article

floatways_vs1_tunnel_boat_build.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what exactly are you looking for?? any hull?? in the water?? on the stand?? running??,,sitting still?? finished hulls?? in the build process?? more specifics might bring in more pictures...

i have plenty of pictures,,id be glad to send a few... if they get used i sure would like a copy of the magazine when its finished..

alden

I have some photos from Australia if you like, mostly on water type photos. If you are on Facebook, search for All Race Photography, I have some photos there.

Hi guys, thanks for the follow up. The article is for a boating website, not print.

The best thing to have would be...

1. 2 or 3 running photos

2. 1 mid-build photo

3. 1 or 2 photos of boats on a stand

It's a general RC boats article, so any type of boat will do.

Julian has sent me a couple of shots already. Plus, Jerry Dunlap was kind enough to go over the text. I think it's going to be a great article for the folks who are not in the hobby, but might be interested because they are boaters.

I'm looking to publish later this week. Tonight I'm putting the parts I have together.Then I'll review, add photos and review again.

After the article is up I'll be promoting it through Twitter, Facebook, web searches and Google ads. Of course, I'll post a link here too.

I have some photos from Australia if you like, mostly on water type photos. If you are on Facebook, search for All Race Photography, I have some photos there.

Hi, I checked out the All Race Photography Facebook page and liked it with both my personal account and the FloatWays page. I put a comment on 2 photos that reads something like this, "I really like this pic"

Would you mind letting me use those 2 photos? Could you please email me hi-res or medium-res versions to float at floatways.com with a little note allowing me to use them? - I will credit you in the article for the use of the photos.

Thanks, Danny

emails sent

Hi Wayne, thank you so much. After your photos, I think I'm fully set for the article. I'll keep you all posted on the develpment.

However, I got the first of the 4 photos. I didn't get the other 3 and I'm guessing it's because they are hi-res and my mailbox got full. I just increased the email box size to 60Mb. Could you please try and send those last 3 again? The one I received is the one with the Wind Rider mono.

Another way to send big files would be using yousendit.com

But, you can send to the same email again, they should come thru fine now. Sorry about that and many thanks, Danny

Hi Danny,

Emails have been sent, yes they were rather large files. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards Wayne

@Wayne - Yes, I got them. THANK YOU. I'm a little behind schedule for publishing (Christmas activities and shopping) but I should have it ready this weekend.

@jaxracer - Thanks for the idea. I'll contact them for video...

Danny,

Sorry I did not see this post earlier. Got your email and responded, anything you see on our website you can use. Just let me know and I can send you links or files.

Thanks for promoting our hobby.

Doug

Guys! The article is now finished and online! Boy that took forever to complete! Here's the link:

http://floatways.com/1522/absolute-rc-boats-guide-for-speed-loving-racers/

Please share everywhere. Share on Facebook, Twitter and Google + Please link to it from your websites. Please do it now before you forget. I poured hours upon hours into this thing. Help promote it. It's meant specifically at the newcomers. People who love full size boats who could be potential RC boaters.

Soon, I'll add photos of the FloatWays Tunnel... When I finish it! :)

Oh, and if someone has a cool photo of a large scale Apache that I can add to the article, that would be awesome. Please let me know.

Again, thanks to all who contributed. -Danny

Guys, if you havnt taken the time to read this, its pretty cool. Even some of our own that have contributed! Great article Danny!

Back