Radio Box Lining

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

My current build is a Blazer Lauderbach shovel nosed hydro. I am about to put the bottom sheeting on the boat which effectively seals up the radio box. I am thinking about lining the radio box with something to help make sure it stays dry. My first thought was some type of plastic but finding something that would stick might be a challenge. I thought about glass cloth but that seemed like a lot of weight and work. My current thinking is regular posterboard (cardboard). It is very thin and I can easily cut it to exactly fit in the box with nice overlapped corners. Then just brush it down with my finishing resin to both glue it down and let it soak in to form a complete water barrier.

Thoughts, other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Ryan Lipgens and have him make a radio box from HDPE. Sure do like the fuel tank he made for me.

I first coat the sheeting with a thin coat of west epoxy, then mix the extra with microballoons to thicken it. I then apply the thickened epoxy to all contact points then clamp and weigh down the sheeting. This gives solid glue joints with no gaps even around the radio box.

Shouldn't need any really if it's built good. Our thunderboat has ran 3 seasons with no leaks at all.

There Sport 20 is whole different story but on there thunderboat you should be okay.

Back