Power Supply

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spuds

I have a Schulze 6-330 charger and was wondering what other folks are using to provide power to the unit. The instruction booklet indicates that a PS is not recommended and that only a 12V car battery should be used. Does anyone run one of these with an Astro or other PS, what is the concern over using a PS vs a battery?

Thanks!

Most power supplies do not give you pure DC power. That's the only thing that I can think of.

Not sure the Astro power supply will have enough power. Most guys I know with Schulze chargers use Rivergate bulldog power supplies. They are rated at 45 amps. I have an older Rivergate 30 amp supply that works great with my 6-636.

Hope this helps,

Dick

I use a 30 amp Bulldog with 2 Schulze' and an Orbit.

No problems yet although it's not very often that all 3 chargers pull at it at the same time.

Thanks everyone, glad to hear that lots of folks use a power supply, the wording in the instructions had me concerned ..... Those rivergate PS units look good, I think I might upgrade to one of those so I have more amps and can run 2 chargers at the same time.

Back